Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Am I way off base here?

Old 05-09-2009, 06:25 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought 08 was the last year for the Pacifica. I guess news of it's demise was greatly exaggerated.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:13 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he doesnt know the details, but from what hes heard around the HQ, the pacifica is one of the models that fiat thinks could do well overseas...along with the nitro, which is another US flop...i guess that we will find out.

i made the comment to him (not thinking of the delicacy of his job) "we plan to buy a ram in the next six months so long as there is still a ram to buy. he laughed and told me that he thinks that chrysler will come out of this "just fine once its all settled down ". he works in product testing and while the plants are closed, his division has been busy testing new engines still...including some fiat motors.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:58 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What about the Avenger? Word is the only plant that makes them is on the chopping block.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he didnt mention and avenger at all...next time i see him, ill try to remember to ask.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:26 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

Though I'm not particularly optomistic over the whole Fiat deal, I do think they will be careful in axing too many vehicle too quickly. As Badstrat said, what sells in the U.S. is quite different than what they are used to. I'm guessing (really guessing) that the Challenger, Charger & Ram line up will be carefully reviewed before anything happens.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 PM
hutch1973
Captain

I'm not overly optimistic about the Fiat deal. I don't see why a foreign company buying into a market they've already failed in will know what to do to succeed. Especially when you consider the last foreign company to buy in had some ideas how to work in the U.S. market.

To reply to the initial post...I'd be livid if my truck was on an assembly line while the government gives them billions. That's the type of thing that would make me never want to deal with that company again.

As recently as Sunday I went out to look at a new Ram on the lot, but with the current company climate, have a feeling my 01 is the last Ram I'll ever own.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:16 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
As some know I had a truck on order. It made the assembly line but did not make it out the door before shutdown. Will the truck ever get completed? No one knows. Could get completed, could get destroyed, but that is not my point of this post.

My point is Chrysler left customer ordered vehciles incomplete, which for all intensive purposes were sold. They then went to our government as asked for billions of dollars.

How does that make you feel? Obviously I am biased as it impacted my new truck, but for those that did not have one on order, does it upset you that Chrysler left money on the table then went limping to the government? Granted, it would not have stopped the inevitable, but they would have been a little better off.

Some numbers... Lets say there are 2000 customer orders (There is probably more than that) and the average MSRP is 30K. That would have been 60 million in sales. Trust me, this is a very low number. I know of several guys waiting on 100+K ACR Vipers.

The real problem is we didn't shut ourselves down. The suppliers did. They will not ship parts during the bankrupcy for fear of not getting paid. Unless you ordered a rambox ram it will most likely be built at warren truck. I would try to find out but I am turning in my buyout papers tom. With only 9 years I don't think I will survive this mess.

Joe

Old 05-28-2009, 10:54 PM
V8MANual
Captain

Nitro, Viper, Voyager, PT Cruiser, Avenger, Sebring, Caliber, Jouney, 300, and the entire Jeep line are already available in Europe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Am I way off base here?