Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2006 Dodge Charger article in Popular Hot Rodding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 11:29 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Charger article in Popular Hot Rodding?

I like his designs.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-16-2004, 01:05 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Camaro drawing he did looks ok, but the front looks awful. If I could have any Camaro... it would have to be the one drawn by my buddy Mark Stehernberger!

redriderbob

Old 02-17-2004, 05:21 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

I think that Camaro is cool looking, both of them.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:09 PM
iNEEDa69Charger

Like the new Mustang, the Charger concept needs to be more retro, including an open grill with recessed lights front and back, maybe keeping the flip-up lights. Go ahead and flatten the front, like Mustang, to improve the retro profile as well. I do like most of the profile and dig the tunneled roof. The lowered stance works. I noticed the drawings of the Camaro which were very retro. I just want to see Dodge do as good a job on the Charger as Ford did on the new Mustang.

JB

Old 08-24-2004, 03:28 PM
queenHEMI
All Star

Umm.... Don't Take This wrong but,

Hey RRBob where have you been???.....That Article has been around for awhile[&:]
So has the Pics....

Old 08-24-2004, 03:57 PM
georgejetson
Rookie

ORIGINAL: queenHEMI

Umm.... Don't Take This wrong but,

Hey RRBob where have you been???.....That Article has been around for awhile[&:]
So has the Pics....
Um, check the date on the first post in the thread.

Old 08-24-2004, 04:18 PM
queenHEMI
All Star

[sm=icon_rtfm.gif]

Guess you can use that smiley for me huh?? D'oh !!!!

(me wipeing the egg off my face)

[sm=smiley18.gif][sm=smiley18.gif][sm=smiley18.gif]

Old 08-24-2004, 06:35 PM
Kingelvis
Rookie

The flying buttress roof is just as much of an aero drag as a widemouth grille. If I had top pick my aero poison, I'd ditch the sail panel roof

The Allpar people are pretty much sure that the Charger will have the shorter "Airflyte" Euro concept car 116"wb rather than 120" which is what the PHR designs are based on.

I think you need the shorter wheelbase to emphasize the long hood, short deck aspect. This has been done since at least 1967 with the AMC Rebel, and GM quickly followed in '68, then Chrysler split the two doors into 115" wb in '71 and Ford went to shorter two door wheelbase in '72.

The Charger here is OK I guess. They always have to give it super low rocker extensions that would rub on everthing - especially with the ultra long wheelbase. Overall though, this one is too creased. The original "68 wasn't nearly this creased and folded looking.

That Camaro is bizarre though. Please GM, don't make the Camaro look like that.

Old 08-25-2004, 06:00 AM
Mopar_4_U

New member posting so don't be too hard on me. I've been following the postings on this site with great enthusiasm and anticipation in the hopes that some guy workin in the Skunk Werks has had a few too many and spilled the beans on this "Black Project". As a sales rep for Dodge coming up on five years, I've made it a point to be aware of every possible new vehicle introduction, vehicle mod from year to year and track down every possible rumour to it's end. In a recent discussion with a DC rep, the 'Charger' is being built at the time of this posting, with introduction slated for "October'ish". A former dealer principle enlightened me of the fact that in January of this year, 3 different prototypes had been built with every manufactured part being shrink wrapped and sent off to a secret (Bramalea, ON?) assembly point so that no two parts were seen together at any one time. I assume that the 3 prototypes are necessary as to test the 3 different powertrains rumoured for production, 1) 5.7L w/ Autostick 2) 5.7L w/ 5spd manual 3) 6.1L w/ 6spd manual. A conversation today with a gearhead at 800-4ADODGE brought up design cues hinting that the new entry into the 21st century muscle car war will be "very, very close (I get goose bumps when I repeat this) to that car from '99). Now he was just a C/S guy but hey, even their chompin at the bit for some info. The pictures posted on this thread from Popular Hot Rodding are very old, by today's standards anyway. The guy credited with the work is hoping to get in to that illustrious design school here in Cali I believe. The SRT-8 badging as we know has already been snapped up by Chrysler for the 300C upgrade available Feb/05 so don't count on seeing it on the Dodge side. If DC spreads the SRT brush stroke too thin, it'll lose all mystique with the enthusiasts, kinda like the way HEMI is going, 05 Gr. Cherokee, come on... (imho). Not that a slammed 4x4 Grand with a 5.7 wouldn't be a heck of a fun ride, it just seems a little sacreligious to combine the two monikers in the historical sense. Here we are, 35 years after the greatest showing of a Detroit, more HP please, free for all competitiveness and Dodge has the opportunity to leave them all begging for mercy. The new Goat, please, GM couldn't sell it in Australia so they thought they'd try it over here. Ford's new/old Stang, it's been done already. Ford's in trouble. How many different cars are they going to have to recycle before people realize that there is a difference between 'nostalgia' and "oops, went to the well too many times". In closing... because I'm starting to ramble, DC realizes the responsibility it has to protect the image of this badge, too much history, too much at stake. Dodge doesn't need a sedan... Magnums are doing very well. Something sedan-like.... a-la 1999 Dodge Charger R/T..... we could use that.[sm=smiley20.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7311/8FD9BE5189CC462CA3F1274921B0FEFD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7311/59FCC02217C246D1A1FDBEB83AF69D08.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7311/41F23E45AD03489D813A2053DB5A90F6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7311/8D5899B872C6401F90481ECB7C6C5058.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-25-2004, 09:34 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they ever do produce this mythical Charger, it will cost great big gargantuan heaping piles of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get one, especially if they make it the way God intended (2 door, RWD, manual transmission and very high horsepower and torque Hemi). For the maximum performance version it will probably rival the SRT-10 Rams price. And I truely hope that they do it correctly if and when they make an ultimate performance version like an R/T or SRT-8, by keeping it extremely powerful and normally aspirated instead of forced induction. Another thing they hopefully do is keep it as a V-8, without butchering it by making it like the 300 with the 4-8 system, which will also jack up the cost if they do it that way. Ideally the top performance version would be the return of the true big block. I can dream can't I?.....[&o][X(]

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger article in Popular Hot Rodding?