DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Brand News, Concepts & Rumors (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors-29/)
-   -   Charger predicted as a Big Hit for Dodge! (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors/22750-charger-predicted-as-a-big-hit-for-dodge.html)

ViperGTS 04-18-2005 05:53 PM

Charger predicted as a Big Hit for Dodge!

Chrysler Predicts a Big Hit as Charger Orders Pile Up
http://a137.g.akamai.net/n/137/3538/...153/236490.jpg

Chrysler may soon have another hit on its hands.

The Auburn Hills unit of DaimlerChrysler AG says it has taken 20,000 orders and identified 85,000 potential buyers for the 2006 Dodge Charger sedan, which goes into production this week.

Not even the Chrysler 300 sedan, the automaker's biggest hit in years, posted such strong early numbers.

"To us, it's a good indication of the interest level in this vehicle," said Chrysler spokesman Rick Deneau.

But the four-door revival of the classic muscle car will face stiff competition in the midsize sedan category now ruled by the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry.

Industry forecaster Global Insight predicts annual sales at 70,000 for the Charger, which would make it a hit but not a home run. The Accord sold more than that in the first three months of this year.

But Andre Tadros, general sales manager at Northwestern Dodge in Detroit, says early customer response tells him the Charger will be a strong seller.

"I haven't seen this much excitement for a Dodge in a long time," he said.

Chrysler will build the Charger at its plant in Brampton, Ontario, and expects to have the first models in dealerships by early next month.

Source: Detroit News

-Matt-

redriderbob 04-18-2005 11:24 PM

RE: Charger predicted as a Big Hit for Dodge!

That article was actually from the Detroit Free Press...

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins...A01-153838.htm

redriderbob

SHAPman 04-19-2005 03:13 AM

Um Bob look at your link. Its the news. That 85000 number is bs though. Thats the number of people on their email list about the charger, not "potential customers". Oh well it will probably sell okay, but not well.

Joe

big asp 04-21-2005 10:42 AM

Lot's of corporate speak. Sounds like they are not only trying to convince us but themselves as well. The new Charger Daytona they showed off at Mopars at the Strip drew a cold reception from everyone I talked to. Of course, it was a tough crowd. Most of the folks there had deep roots in classic Mopars and, were old enough to shave. Okay, I'm getting sarcastic so I better stop. My mother taught me that if I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

ManMuscle 04-21-2005 01:25 PM

Nothing but posers and haters on this forum. First of all whoever thinks the Charger will sell "okay" and not "well" is just plain blind. NOBODY GIVES A S**T if they put the Charger name ona sedan. PERFORMANCE SEDANS ARE HOT RIGHT NOW!!! i.e. maxima, altima, BMW 5 and 7 series, Mercedes AMG sedans, mazda's and so on. Dodge didnt make this for people who are still living in the 1960's. They want to provide the "LOYAL" american car buyer with a powerful AMERICAN MADE sedan so they dont have to settle w/ gm's weak crap or buy import IN ADDITION, THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY and they will because preformance sedans sell.

Secondly if you guys were real "mopar" guys you wouldnt be crying like babies because a car has 2 or 4 doors. I hate to break it to you guys but DCX hasnt been makign and thing great car wise for awhile. The general public cant afford a viper and other than the srt-4 the neon is a piece of crap quality wise. There hasnt really been anything to draw car buyers to dodge. Anyone you wanted quality and preformance anyway. Now we have the magnum,300 and the charger w/ hemi's and here so called "mopar guys" complaing about doors and nonsense????? disgusting.

Midnight SRT 04-21-2005 02:04 PM

WOW Temper Temper[:@][sm=badbadbad.gif]

moparturd 04-21-2005 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: ManMuscle

Nothing but posers and haters on this forum. First of all whoever thinks the Charger will sell "okay" and not "well" is just plain blind. NOBODY GIVES A S**T if they put the Charger name ona sedan. PERFORMANCE SEDANS ARE HOT RIGHT NOW!!! i.e. maxima, altima, BMW 5 and 7 series, Mercedes AMG sedans, mazda's and so on. Dodge didnt make this for people who are still living in the 1960's. They want to provide the "LOYAL" american car buyer with a powerful AMERICAN MADE sedan so they dont have to settle w/ gm's weak crap or buy import IN ADDITION, THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY and they will because preformance sedans sell.

Secondly if you guys were real "mopar" guys you wouldnt be crying like babies because a car has 2 or 4 doors. I hate to break it to you guys but DCX hasnt been makign and thing great car wise for awhile. The general public cant afford a viper and other than the srt-4 the neon is a piece of crap quality wise. There hasnt really been anything to draw car buyers to dodge. Anyone you wanted quality and preformance anyway. Now we have the magnum,300 and the charger w/ hemi's and here so called "mopar guys" complaing about doors and nonsense????? disgusting.

My beef about the whole thing is that DC created another car that will compete with a vehicle they already offer, the 300 C, which is a well done sedan. The Charger should have been something different in my mind than the 300. Something more significant than a nose and tail facia change. I wouldn't have been any happier about it if it had been named something else either. They should have tried to make it more distinctive than what it turned out to be.

I suppose many people expected it to be more retro, like the new Mustang. When DC started calling the Ram truck special editions names like Rumblebee, GTX, Daytona it became more than obvious they were simply trying to capitalize on the past. Either that or the "NAME BANK" is running low.

If you're blind enough to except the new Charger as a Charger that's your business, but I don't have to, and am happier that way. Please don't call us posers. My opinions are mine, and I stand by my convictions as do my fellow DF members.

Oh, and as far as not being a true MoPar guy, I'll just let you know that I have a Pentastar tattoo'd on my sack.;)

ramfan5.9 04-21-2005 02:59 PM

juss cause you my like a 4 door charger doesnt mean the rest of us have to, its all a matter of opinion

and IMO it would look better and may even seel better if they offered a 2 door version

thestealth 04-21-2005 04:10 PM

Most of the people that can buy a new charger are the ones born in the 60's and 70's....;)

moparturd 04-21-2005 05:33 PM

I think their too much personally. But I wouldn't own any comparable competitive model either though.