Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

dodge vs. ford

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 05:19 PM
ram_it_101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge vs. ford

hey imm am a currently working on my senior paper(dodge vs. ford) and i was wondering if anybody would help me compare wich one is bette....

Old 01-29-2010, 07:08 PM
rickmeseke
Professional

your on a dodge site.. asking us ford vs dodge

Old 01-29-2010, 08:43 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ford has a stronger loyalty base, I know die hards who are locked into that blue oval theme. I used to be loyal to ford until I incurred a run of bull **** made trucks.

My dodge has recently had a run off bad luck, buy any thing mechanical is going to have issues, Ford, Gm toyota, nissan dodge are all built with in each others standard's, one brand may up the stakes with a new design and than the others follow.

No one brand is ever going to better, all brands want a competing interest in the consumers pocket book, no one brand is ever going to build a truck that blows away the competition.

It all boils down to what has or has not worked for you, as for trucks, half tons are cars with box's, nothing truck about them.

From the late 6os to the late 80s Gm or Ford were the debate, Dodge.s were cheaply built and not really a option, you see far more gm or ford pick ups in that generation than dodge.

I don't know why Ford has been able to market thier trucks better, thiers no substance to a new ford truck, just hype for waht was a great line of trucks

Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 PM
moodydoody
Rookie

Can't really help, I just prefer Dodge to Ford trucks. I like the engine options, style, and price of the Rams. As for other vehicles besides trucks I prefer beemers and chevies.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:21 PM
basujanha2610

Originally Posted by rickmeseke
your on a dodge site.. asking us ford vs dodge
ha ha ha!

Old 02-06-2010, 11:20 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It's all a mind set really. I was mostly a Ford guy for much of my life. Then was swayed in 2008 by the Lifetime powertrain warranty. It got me to look at Dodge. I liked what I found. I now own 3 Dodges bought new in 2008. I still own 2 older Fords as well. My Ram is a well built truck. The Hemi is an awesome engine that is better than The current Ford offerings. Ford now had the superior 1/2 ton auto trans with the new 6-speed auto. It really helps the underpowered 5.4L V8 move a overweight 1/2 ton truck.
The new Ram has a much nicer interior than earlier models, though, I have no real complaints with my 08 interior.
Basically you will just need to take a good look at both makes and decide for yourself which is better. I can tell you that the Ram has wan more awards so that should count for something!!

Last edited by lxman1; 02-08-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion

Dodge is the way to go, fords are to slow. lol.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:10 AM
thecause17
Veteran

I've owned 8 different Fords, but I'll stick with the trucks, which I've had 3. I worked my Rangers pretty hard, and they were solid trucks, never once did I have any of the suspension problems that I've seen so many have with the Dodge's. On the other hand, I had a '97 Explorer, which is basically on the Ranger chassis, and it was a reliability nightmare. I had an '01 5.4L F-150, lxman1 pointed out how heavy and underpowered the F-150's are. My '01 F-150 weighed the same as my '07 Dakota does, and had more power and towing/hauling capability. The new Rams weigh a couple hundred pounds less than the F-150, but Ford does have a 20hp edge when comparing the Hemi and Ford's 6.2L. Also never had any suspension issues with my F-150. My Dakota has 35k miles on it, and I have an annoying clunk from the rear suspension. What's up with that? By 100k miles, my brother put ball joints on his '02 Ram twice, a front differential, and a half shaft. He now has an '08 that the rear bumper started to rust within 6 months from buying new, one of his door speakers is shot, and one of his other doors rattles. Sure, it'll get fixed under warranty, but should this stuff happen in the first place? The quality is not that great.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Dakota, but I will say that if they'd offered the Ranger with 4 full doors I probably would've went that route. There was the Sport Trac, but I don't like the rear independant suspension and the bed is even smaller than my Dakota. Plus the price was nice on my Dakota. I bought my Dakota because of the available V-8 and capability without having to go full size. I like the styling, like the power, the fact that I can get over 20mpg out of it, but hate the fact that they killed it with 3.55's and torque management.

I used to be all Ford, but have since owned 3 Jeeps which I was pretty happy with. But it does seem like the older the better for quality with Chysler products. My '97 Grand Cherokee was by far in my opinion the best built out of what I have had, comparing to my old Liberty, and the '04 Grand Chererokee we have now(which has 62k miles, and has has the radiator replaced twice). My Neon seems to be a decent car also. But I get the impression that products Dodge has made in the last 5 years have been sub standard as far as quality and I will give Ford very heavy consideration on the next go around for a vehicle here.

Quick Reply: dodge vs. ford