Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler Badged Lancia

Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Badged Lancia

I saw this last month from pics of the Detroit auto show and wondered what it was...Now I know. It is a Lancia with chrysler badging Looks a lot like the Pacifica tho...I guess thats a good thing

Last edited by highrevr/tflea; 11-01-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:06 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

sweet! I subscribed...but I slightly disagree with the rebadging...If the car looks great and performs well its a good thing. Plus, didnt it work with chrysler when Diamond Star Motors was puting out Lazers, talons, eclipses, and stealths?

Old 02-08-2010, 04:31 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those models are successful because they were all well known as performance vehicles...or at least i feel so. i have and enjoy my stratus (rebadged/rebodied 2000-20005 eclipse) and my laser (1st gen DSM) but they are sporty vehicles and the people who buy them are after them because theyre sporty...but a station wagon? Look at how badly it worked out for pontiac. almost all of their models were rebadged euro models and even though they got pretty good reviews, the company died.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:12 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm REALLY getting a bad feeling about this whole Fiat thing. Chrysler needs to improve the current line up, not expand and try to be everything to everyone. This thing will further dilute the brand and besides, IT'S HIDEOUS! It seems that Fiat is trying to sell Fiats (or whatever crap brand) instead of Chryslers by dumping their european models into the line up. Hey Tony, at least try to make it look like a Chrysler!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:56 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My thoughts are such. I HATE badge engineering. I absolutely positively hate it. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. WHEN I'M WANT TO BUY A CHRYSLER PRODUCT, I WANT A CHRYSLER PRODUCT!!! I don't want a Mitsubishi, a Mercedes, a Renault, nor a Fiat. I want and expect a Chrysler product.

This is one reason why I'm feeling less interested in their car line as they are either using a Mercedes or Mitsubishi platform for just about every model (except the Viper).

highrevr/tflea and 1 Bad Mirada, I have to respectfully disagree with you on the DSM point. The Laser's life was limited to a single generation despite it's performance and relative low cost for offering. Although the first year of the 2nd gen Talon was good, it ultimately failed as it died with Eagle after 1998 leaving the Eclipse to have one last year in that formula. You might have a case on the Stratus and Sebring but then again they no longer are offered anymore.

Although the Stealth was quite an impressive machine especially for its time, it only lasted 6 years on the market (three years shorter than the 3000GT's run). On top of this the other rebadged Mitsubishi models like the Summit/Colt did not sell all that well.

Also, take a look at Mercedes most recent attempts. The Crossfire was a right out failure in trying to offer inferior ten year old technology. Using the Mitsubishi platform on the Cloud Car replacements and the compact station wagons (excuse me "hatchbacks") has hardly been the success story that the Cloud cars, Neon, and PT Cruiser were.

Badge engineering simply doesn't work because people like me will not play along. The only hope they have to make it feel as much like a Chrysler as possible and pray that no one notices the difference, that means use a Chrysler engine, Chrysler transmission, Chrysler interior pieces, etc. That is what reduces the possibility of failure.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:03 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Well...it is unfortunate, but there is still a lot to be excited for. Like the uncertainty of detroit and the new line-up of cars to be produced and fuel efficient v6's and neon-esque sport compacts.

I wish they would bring back the Matra Murena.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:13 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by highrevr/tflea
Well...it is unfortunate, but there is still a lot to be excited for. Like the uncertainty of detroit and the new line-up of cars to be produced and fuel efficient v6's and neon-esque sport compacts.

I wish they would bring back the Matra Murena.
Make no mistake, I actually am feeling optimistic about Chrysler's potiental as I pretty much always have been and I think that they are finally getting some people who have a clue about what they are doing. On paper I like the Pentastar V6, but I want to see how it turns out. I wish they would have made updates to the 3.5L and finally took the 2.7L behind the barn with a dual barrel shot gun and put that disgrace to rest. I look forward to seeing how it compares to the Ford Cyclone V6 which impresses me.

I just want to see Chrysler return to making cars instead of becoming a retailer of other companies rejects and trash that Daimler attempted to transform it into and away from the innovative company who made great cars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chrysler Badged Lancia