Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 and 2011 Chrysler Nassau?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:18 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 and 2011 Chrysler Nassau?

Car and Driver says that the Jeep engineers have neither confirmed nor denied the srt8 GC coming soon...click here for more.

The Sebring name will be killed off, and the new Chrysler Nassau will share a platform with the next Dodge Avenger. Click here for more.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet I like the Nassau...if they bring their concepts to reality it will be great for their image again

Old 04-29-2010, 06:03 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Nassau is sharp and this will be a smart move if they follow through. It looks like a Chrysler should-substantial. I've always hated the styling of the current Sebring/Avenger. Thrown together looking and awkward looking. My mom has owned 3 different Sebrings for about ten years now and when she bought a 2010 I nearly puked when she pulled it in my driveway to show it off. I've driven it on several occasions and can say without a doubt that I hate them even more after doing so. Tinny piece of crap that should have never had the Chrysler name plate on it.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

I could care less about the Grand Cherokee. They've designed them way too far from their roots and wouldn't even give a 2011 a second look. Nothing more than a minivan with a big engine IMO. Jeep needs to do some serious rethinking about their vehicles. Solid axles, real engines, and none of that crappy electronic 4wd.

Kinda sad when the XJ (Cherokee) sold more models in one given model year than all of Jeep's current lineup in a couple years.

I think the Nassau is a good looking car, not so sure about the name though.

As for the current Sebrings, I've never driven one. My sister has an 08 Avenger that I've driven quite a bit. I think if they would have done an interior redesign (probably the worst interior in Chrysler's entire lineup IMO), the car would have sold a lot better and they wouldn't be going in for a redesign already.

Other than the crappy interior, the car drives like a dream. The little 2.4 VVT is peppy, it actually screams when the VVT kicks in. Goes from 75-115 QUICK! I don't mind the styling either.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:23 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

I think the r/t models are actually quite impressive seeing them up close

Old 04-30-2010, 02:31 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think that they should have offered the stormtrooper body...

Old 04-30-2010, 04:56 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This would have been mildly cool.

Last edited by deranged; 05-31-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:19 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I think the current midsize cars are decent looking. Some minor details could be tidied up but overall, I'd give them a solid B. I did a 2100 mile drive roundtrip from SoAz to NoCal in a 2009 Camry followed up by the same drive in the 2009 Chrysler Sebring-both 4 cylinders- and would rather own and drive the Chrysler. Being totally impartial, the electric steering on the Camry above 70 mph in a strong desert crosswind is dangerous. And for all the hype of the Camry's soft plastic dash, there was nothing but rock-hard plastic where my knees rested against the door or center console-I'm 6'5". I like the Nassau but I hope they don't try to make it more like the Toyota, because the Camry really is an uncomfortable and dangerous vehicle.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nassau is a crappy name!

Old 05-13-2010, 06:51 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

The GC has indeed strayed too far from its roots. But is STILL twice the vehicle of anything comparable.

As to the Avenger/Nassau, unless there's a performance-oriented coupe variant with an SRT-4 like engine option, I cant find a way to care.

Quick Reply: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 and 2011 Chrysler Nassau?