Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge unveils the 2011 Dodge Durango

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 02:14 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dodge unveils the 2011 Dodge Durango

Today Dodge rolled out their new "performance SUV".

click here for more.

I really like it...cant wait to see it in person.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's pretty cool looking. I don't have a lot of faith in Chrysler to sell it at a decent price though. I have a feeling it will be like the 2011 Grand Cherokee. Compared to some manufacturers that have similar options and build quality as the GC (like Land Rover and Mercedes), the GC is very reasonably priced, but the bottom line is that it's NOT a Land Rover or Mercedes, it's a Jeep. They have to realize that's not going to be their main competition because most people that drive a Land Rover, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, etc aren't going to jump ship to an American SUV. They need to cut their margin of profit and get these new SUV's cheap enough to compete with Ford, GM, Kia, and Hyundai.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:28 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw it today briefly, I was getting inspected at my Dealer in Fredericksburg, va, and they had a bunch of ballons, pizza, and a nice shinny yellow Viper and a black Charger part of the group driving to Virgina beach from Detroit
Looked good, but I wasn't close to it

Last edited by trophyslayer; 09-03-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:38 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

I think the new grand cherokee is worth its price tag. Its absolutely amazing. I shot a commercial for a dealer here promoting the new jeep. Its like they said if there was a lexus or bmw emblem on em they could sell em for 60000 dollars.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:41 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new Grand Cherokee looks amazing from the inside. It does look like a luxury car and would not be a disgrace to a luxury nameplate to wear the badge. One thing we have to understand about the GC is that we have a choice. Do we keep the GC worthy of the Jeep nameplate heritage and make a model that will not destroy Jeep as we know it or do we move with the industry, make a Jeep out of the Journey platform other than the Patriot/Compass and continue to try to compete against the Explorer our old rival? Picking the right path as they have done gives them a niche market; however, with this they will have to increase the price tag because it will not sell in the volume that it would otherwise.

I'm glad they stuck with the nameplate Durango. The Magnum to me represents two failed models right before the company almost went under. Why repeat a name with a bad memory? Hopefully these two models don't compete against each other as the Lincoln Avator and Expedition did. Although the Avator was from the Explorer platform and the Expedition was a larger class vehicle, the Expedition was found to be the better deal for a similar price tag because of its larger size.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:23 AM
renjie456789
Banned

Thanks for this site very helpful.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:15 AM
RACERAM9
Professional

cant wait to see the SRT-8 versions with that 6.4l HEMI going to be bad A$$

Quick Reply: Dodge unveils the 2011 Dodge Durango