Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

DCX to finally build 2 door!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 02:41 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DCX to finally build 2 door!!

auto manual doesn't matter. you cant use that as an excuse. pat are you referring to the Miranda or the stratus?

Old 06-10-2005, 02:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

auto versus manual doesnt matter? how so? manual transmission cars run quite a bit faster, suck as the manual RT vs the auto RT..i wasnt making any excuses...the RT ran a 16.1, and the mirada ran a 12.68...so either car can outrun a 6 cyl mustang...at least the models that you are quoting...the new ones run in the low 15s stock...(6 cyls).

my whole, and only, point was that if youre going to cite a reference, use one that is consistant, and reliable.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:53 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

auto versus manual doesnt matter? how so? manual transmission cars run quite a bit faster, suck as the manual RT vs the auto RT..i wasnt making any excuses...the RT ran a 16.1, and the mirada ran a 12.68...so either car can outrun a 6 cyl mustang...at least the models that you are quoting...the new ones run in the low 15s stock...(6 cyls).

my whole, and only, point was that if youre going to cite a reference, use one that is consistant, and reliable.

there is no such thing as a reliable reference. i don't trust anything, unless i myself did it. but considering i went to about 4 different sites, and they all had the same numbers, and i just picked one to link, doesn't mean it isn't reliable.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ok then....one that is consistant...and My numbers are reliable because until this year, i have spent alot of time at the track...and come on...if i was going to make up a time for the Stratus, i would make one up better than 16.1...

Old 06-10-2005, 03:11 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ok then....one that is consistant...and My numbers are reliable because until this year, i have spent alot of time at the track...and come on...if i was going to make up a time for the Stratus, i would make one up better than 16.1...

i know, am not saying your numbers are wrong. i don't know. all i know is that i have beaten 3 of 3 last generation v6 mustangs. i pretend the new ones don't exist, because I hate them that much, so when i refer to a mustang i am referring to the last generation of them. i am hoping to get to Milan sometime this summer. after i buy the k&n fikp or w/e air intake. then i will have my time slip to put in a tread when anyone talks **** to me too.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:18 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

im not talking any trash on you or your car...just on your source of reference. ive seen a 300M run a 16.30...so ill be interested to see how well yours really runs. one thing to keep in mind with the new mus-takes...theyre still governed to 112...so as long as you keep around them to that, you can walk away from them...ive seen 2 new GTs here...but yesterday alone, i saw 6 new 6 cyls...ALL driven by women...
theyve created a whole new chick car!

Old 06-10-2005, 06:55 PM
dodgeboy88

[/quote]

Well buying any GM POS will get you disowned faster than you know. Friends don't let friends drive GM POOPY.

hhhaa im sorry but GM is not crap. a corvette Z06 with 505 horsepower is far from it. gess everyone getting scared that GM has something that can stand up to the viper. its amazing that GM can get 505hp from a small block V8, but the viper needs a V10. once zeta comes, we will see if GM is crap then

Old 06-10-2005, 07:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

my 1969 340 is making almost 470hp on 87 octane...there is a guy in ohio with a stratus RT building almost 600hp now...

dodge doesnt NEED 10 cylinders to make 500hp..its a novelty.

Old 06-11-2005, 01:20 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

im not talking any trash on you or your car...just on your source of reference. ive seen a 300M run a 16.30...so ill be interested to see how well yours really runs. one thing to keep in mind with the new mus-takes...theyre still governed to 112...so as long as you keep around them to that, you can walk away from them...ive seen 2 new GTs here...but yesterday alone, i saw 6 new 6 cyls...ALL driven by women...
theyve created a whole new chick car!

lol OK that is another thing i can use against the jackasses i know who drive mustangs...that they are chick cars. i know your not picking on my car, but i cant believe it is over 17. my car is governed close to 110 depending on the hill. I'm pissed though because my cruise control doesn't work at 105, which is low enough under the governor that it wouldn't interfere.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:53 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Nick I don't think someone driving an old mans gold trep should be calling someone elses car names! LOL!

Quick Reply: DCX to finally build 2 door!!