Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

DC employee discount, i think

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 02:20 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC employee discount, i think

i heard on the radio today DC is going to match gm's employee discount. with their discount you could get a silverado ss for 10,000 under the starting price

Old 06-29-2005, 04:31 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: DC employee discount, i think

Impressive. Wonder what GM will do in return if anything?

-Matt-

Old 06-29-2005, 04:54 PM
gsxr150
Rookie

Was it a dodge commercial or just someone talking about it?

Old 06-29-2005, 08:38 PM
chrysler/dodge dude
Captain

Probably a news report on the radio. You know, when those talking meat heads take a commercial break, they usually will have a brief news report.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:05 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the last year DC was offering that discount already. I remember hearing of it last winter.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:58 AM
jasonwyo
Veteran

DC would give employees an extra discount to hand out to anyone any their discretion. The only catch to use the discount, the buyer would have to trade in a non-DC vehicle for a DC product. It was all an effort to gain market share. This was above and beyond the standard four discounts allowed to family members for each production year.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:40 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the funny thing is... with some of the Dodge models, after getting the GM discount on Chevy vehicles, the Dodge is still cheaper than the Chevy.
For instance:
DURANGO LIMITED 4X4 $34,045 (oh yea, its got the HEMI)
Tahoe 4x4 LT $36,934.28

Old 07-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Mopar_4_U

In a conference call with DC HQ yesterday, Mr. Dilts (DC SVP of Sales) said Chrysler will be offering EP to everyone as of 07/06/05. Biggest concern at dealership level obviously is going to be "show me the money". Apparently not all GM dealers are participating in their current program and we will surely see some desention in the DC ranks if this program comes to fruition. Of course the back-lash from customers who didn't receive the special pricing has been considered and in sue happy states such as CA, there is reason to worry. I didn't think it would happen this soon but "one price" shopping I think is here to stay. How would the industry ever rebound if the program is short term. Consumers, especially in the car market, always think a better deal is just down the road or coming at the end of the year but with GM having now literally opened "Pandora's Box", it will be up to the dealerships to find ways to keep in the black.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:04 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

How do you figure? Dealers get reimbursed for all emp purchases. So the dealer makes the same if not more on an emp sale that a regular retail sale.

Old 07-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Mopar_4_U

Do you think DC is going to reimburse up to MSRP? Cost increases have far surpassed MSRP increases with the new "Value" pricing structure. With roughly 3% difference between EP and dealer invoice (Holdback) and a dwindling amount cresting at 10% from invoice to MSRP (Rams) how do you figure the dealers are going to make more? If that was the case this program would have been in effect a long time ago. It's going to become a matter of quantity and not quality. The general public has gotten a whiff of the ether with this crazy incentive war (0% + up to $5000 rebate for eg.), what's gonna happen next?? Buy one get one free? If the only good thing that comes from this is a standrard pricing structure for all dealers then the cream will rise to the top. If DC feels it needs to "*****" out its vehicles to compete with the "Big 3" (GM, Ford, Toyota), so be it. Be prepared for some very, very, very heavily accessorized vehicles, coming to a lot near you.

Quick Reply: DC employee discount, i think