Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2011 Citadel PROBLEMS!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:57 PM
rmizern
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Citadel PROBLEMS!!!

O.K. I hope I am getting this in the right place??? No comments regarding my inability to post please, haha...I bought a new Citadel and noticed it has a clunking or gear slipping sound and feeling, intermittently, when you start from a stop and around 40 mph. I have taken it to the dealership twice...1st time they said it needed an update, left the lot and it clunked again from a stop and actually shuttered going down the road around 45 mph 2 days later???

Two day ago (which was about 2 wks from first visit) back to shop and they did a manual update?? Still same problem. I would describe it as missing a gear~when you are stopped and go to take off; it rolls when accelerate, revs and will not go, then clunks and will go. Around 40 mph it clunks and sounds like it cannot find or go into gear???

The mechanic told me if there was any problem it would show up on a diagonstic scan. I asked him even if mechanical and he said yes b/c all of the mechanics were electronic and I may have to wait for it to break to fix it!! WTH, it is a $50 K car (I did not pay that for it, but still). Only 2300 miles.

I have also read some other posts regarding the key thing not working...at the car wash the other day (car was running) when I went to back out it was saying KEY OUTSIDE VEHICLE!! When it was not. It eventually stopped and I went on. Also clock/nav system will show 12:00 every time I start the car then go blank and show the right time?? Dealer is aware and did not say anything regarding.

As anyone experienced any similar problems regarding the 'shifting problems' and if so did you ever find out what the cause was?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:05 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motor Mount? Not sure manual or automatic? Trans mount or a miss. Could be a lotta things, if it feels like it misses at 40 might just be a bad catalytic converter.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:14 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Run away from that dealer, they obviously dont want to help you. Its under warranty and they should be able to fix it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Citadel PROBLEMS!!!