DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Brand News, Concepts & Rumors (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors-29/)
-   -   Chrysler/Fiat to Merge in 2013 (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors/307734-chrysler-fiat-to-merge-in-2013-a.html)

DodgeForum Editor 10-24-2011 02:33 PM

Chrysler/Fiat to Merge in 2013

https://dodgeforum.com/articles/2011...dfoct11-1.html

Is this kind of like the difference between living together and getting married?

mantisman51 10-24-2011 02:47 PM

Merchionne went out of his way the past two years to say "Chrysler will remain independent. This is about creating synergies not taking over a cherished American brand...blah, blah, blah." Chrysler will no longer be an American company and I will most likely quit buying new Chryslers. Merchionne and Obama pulled a DaimlerSh*t and I, for one, won't continue the ride from the time Merchionne officially goes back on his word and destroys Chrysler once and for all.

highrevr/tflea 10-24-2011 03:22 PM

like mercedes did?

mantisman51 10-24-2011 03:50 PM

Yes, remember the "merger of equals" and then they raped the company and left us with nothing in the pipeline? This will be worse than DaimlerSh*t, because Chrysler will be swallowed up completely into FIAT. With Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge becoming just another division of FIAT and no independence. The worst part is The Messiah gave 45% of Chrysler to FIAT-they didn't pat one red ¢ for that, just promised fuel efficient engineering.

scatpack_69 10-24-2011 06:10 PM

I'll be cautiously optimistic. I don't know what to think about a merger, other than the last one has completely killed any remote desire to purchase a Mercedes that I may have once had.

I don't expect a repeat, I hope there isn't a repeat. If they start replacing the Charger and Challenger and 300 with crap like the 500, I simply won't buy. I refuse to drive a little econo chitbox like that.

mantisman51 10-24-2011 06:48 PM

I was pretty excited about getting some good small cars from FIAT and in turn them getting our large cars and SUV's. But being swallowed by a company that has never understood or been successful with the American people is a joke.

JETwagen 10-24-2011 10:52 PM

As long as Fiat doesn't mess with the formula they should be fine. Bring some advancements sure, but not price themselves out of their respective markets. The question will be how do Fiat brands fit into this? Here is how I would see it stacking up in the US market which dosn't change much at all from how it currently is:

Chrysler: Luxury (other markets could be Lancia models)
> Minivan: Town & Country
> Towncar: 300
> Mid size: 200

Dodge: Sport/Family
> Minivan: Caravan
> Muscle Car: Challenger
> Full size:Charger/Magnum
> Mid size: Avenger

Fiat: Small Cars
> Microvan: ????? (compete with Mazda 5)
> Compact: ????? (compete with Golf/Focus)
> Sub-compact: 500

Ram: Trucks\Vans
> 1500
> 2500
> 3500

Jeep: Off-roader SUV/CUV
> Full size: Cherokee
> Mid size: Liberty (switch Journey platform but still offroad capable)
> Compact: Patriot
> ?????: Wrangler (can't have Jeep without a Wrangler)

Ferrari: Exotic

Did I miss any?

mantisman51 10-24-2011 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by JETwagen (Post 2628007)
As long as Fiat doesn't mess with the formula they should be fine. Bring some advancements sure, but not price themselves out of their respective markets. The question will be how do Fiat brands fit into this? Here is how I would see it stacking up in the US market which dosn't change much at all from how it currently is:

Chrysler: Luxury (other markets could be Lancia models)
> Minivan: Town & Country
> Towncar: 300
> Mid size: 200

Dodge: Sport/Family
> Minivan: Caravan
> Muscle Car: Challenger
> Full size:Charger/Magnum
> Mid size: Avenger

Fiat: Small Cars
> Microvan: ????? (compete with Mazda 5)
> Compact: ????? (compete with Golf/Focus)
> Sub-compact: 500

Ram: Trucks\Vans
> 1500
> 2500
> 3500

Jeep: Off-roader SUV/CUV
> Full size: Cherokee
> Mid size: Liberty (switch Journey platform but still offroad capable)
> Compact: Patriot
> ?????: Wrangler (can't have Jeep without a Wrangler)

Ferrari: Exotic

Did I miss any?

The genius Merchionne cancelled the Caravan. It is gone after the current model is redesigned. They're going to do an oversized Caliber and call it a crossover.

steak59 10-25-2011 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by mantisman51 (Post 2628067)
The genius Merchionne cancelled the Caravan. It is gone after the current model is redesigned. They're going to do an oversized Caliber and call it a crossover.

I dont see the reason to kill the Caravan. It dominated the Fleet market for minivan.
Oversized Caliber? we have the Journey for that. I believe they sits on the same platform. And we have the Compass and Patriot.
They should definitely drop the Caliber and come out with something better tho. And i believe they are dropping the Avenger as well.

lxman1 10-26-2011 06:07 PM

The Town and Country will have to carry the current minivan torch. A smaller minivan is coming that will carry the Dodge name.