Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Look what I saw....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 03:25 AM
UBRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Look what I saw....

mainly taxes is what will stop ya, when the exchange rate was favorable for US shoppers(1 USD=1.70CD) you would think you could buy a car on the cheap, but the govt(both sides) made sure no one gets hammered w/lost business(taxes,tarrifs,duty etc.) On the other hand, if you wait a bit, you could pick one up at an auction, you see a few Chrysler Intrepids in WNY. Just my .02

Old 08-05-2005, 03:30 AM
UBRam

In case anyone cares...if the price really is 60K in Canadian, thats 49.5K USD, still steep!

Old 08-05-2005, 01:20 PM
wpgdakota
Professional

way off on the exchange $1usd= 1.20 canadian...also what is stopping you is the fact they dont sell the wagon in Canada

Old 08-07-2005, 09:07 AM
UBRam

I said when the exchange rate WAS (past tense) favorable, that was b4 george W worked his voodoo and sued his way into office. I read the story on the car and it sounds like they are NOT selling it in Canada ,what are they selling then? Again, just my .02...today's exchange rate!

Old 08-07-2005, 03:48 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

ORIGINAL: bigddy9

ORIGINAL: futSRT8owner

What you saw (300C wagon) is ONLY for the Europe market. In Europe, the Dodge brand is still not accepted as a brand of interest, so DCX uses the Chrysler name plate for the sedan and wagon body.

DCX is not GM, in terms of rebadging everying that looks the same and selling it at different dealerships. (like new Saab suv, envoy, trailblazer, new subaru suv, olds....)

Huh?? What about the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger, Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Caravan? The list goes on and on. All car companies with more than one brand do it. There is no way around it. They would be foolish to spend all that money creating a different platform for every vehicle. Audi and VW do it as well. Honda and Acura, Toyota and Lexus, Nissan and Infinity. How profitable would Lexus be if the ES330 wasn't a rebadged Camry?

Danny
what he is saying is GM rebadges 5 or more of the same thing while,(sorry if im mistaken), the most DC does is 3

Quick Reply: Look what I saw....