Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

dodge brings back....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:09 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dodge brings back....

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Is that stuff replaceable?

-Matt-
ozone layer? i dont believe so

Old 08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ramfan5.9

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Is that stuff replaceable?

-Matt-
ozone layer? i dont believe so
ha ha ............. ............ ha ha

Old 08-09-2005, 10:01 PM
lblackneon
Champion

ORIGINAL: bigddy9

ORIGINAL: lblackneon

Regular gas is around $2.30 here. The government needs to look for another source of energy b/c the enviromnent is getting worse and worse every day. It's getting hotter and hotter every day b/c we're killing the ozone layer. The weather is also changing and creating hurricanes because of what's going on. There's so much money in the oil business that when you have people like Bush in office, they aren't trying to find a better way of energy. Some of the most powerful people are involved in the oil business. As long as they make their money they don't care.
You know, I could see your argument if you actually did any research on it, but you didn't. I hate to jack this thread, but I have to after reading this post. I know all you libs out there like to blame W for all that ails our country, but global warming didn't start in 2000. Who is "they" and how do you know what "they" want or what "they" do. The last ice age was due to major climate shifts because all those dinosaurs driving around in those SUV's...not wait, that wasn't it....it must have been the prehistoric oil companies gouging gas price......no that wasn't it either. So what is your explanation of the ice age and global warming then? I know you would like to blame W for everything, so why don't we blame him for the hybrid cars not getting anywhere near the claimed mpg numbers. Most of them are getting somewhere very close to what the non hybrid versions are getting. Not to mention what the environmental costs of disposing of those batteries will be. Do a little research before posting. It looks like you've seen The Day After Tomorrow one too many times.

Danny
When he said IS THAT STUFF REPLACABLE; I would say he was talking about the gas[&:]. Yeah there are other sources like ethenol.
Danny: No u aren't jacking this thread what so ever. By me posting a few sentences, how can u tell me If I did research anyway? Just b/c I didn't go into details doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. How can u automatically put someone into the lib. cabegory by reading a few sentences? If u read what I wrote, who THEY are would be very clear. There is no point in u coming on here trying to be smart. Cars are contributing if you use your brain/common sense[&:].
The ozone layer isn't getting worse by itself[]. The sun is penetrating more that's why it's getting hotter.

I don't know much about the 2mm statement; I just heard a little on that the other day. I'm not going to say more about G.W.B. Everyone has their own point of views on him. People like to get sensitive[sm=boohoo.gif].

Old 08-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My opinion, diesels are the way to go for the present concern. They're more efficient than gas engines. Dodge is going the right direction offering diesels to some of the vehicle lineup like the Jeep Liberty CRD. Plus I am sure they are adaptable to biodiesel which will in turn make them run even cleaner than gas engines and possibly get even high MPG's. My boss is driving a diesel jetta and bragging to us gas users about what high MPG's he gets on his diesel jetta. I seen some diesel cars get almost or more mpg's than hybrids at the same or lesser price range. Plus, diesels may cost less to maintain comparing to he hybrids.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 PM
05Dak

Im attending Michigan Tech this year, and i took my truck to the local dodge dealer today to get the oil changed....and i noticed that every liberty they had was a CRD....so i checked em out...and yes they do get about 4-5 MPG more......but people also have to realize that diesel now costs more then reg unleaded, so it kinda defeats the point of buying a diesel. I rememeber when diesel used to be a lot cheaper then gas....but its not like that right now. So, the higher price of diesel kinda balances out the CRD getting 4-5 MPG more....you're really not gaining anything. Also, the CRD costs a few thousand more!

Oh yah, by the way. i also blame Bush for the high gas prices and global warming................[sm=joke.gif].....im a big Bush supporter.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here in Bushland state of Texas, Diesel prices ranges between unlead and mid-grade gas. I think diesels get way more than 4-5 mpg tho if you compare it to the same class? Trucks for example, diesels can almost double the MPG's of what their gas counterparts get. RAM 2500 with 5.7 hemi may avg 14-16 on highway, and cummins can get up to 22-24 on highway. Hopefully the biodiesel will really make its push and you may see the diesel's efficiency increase even more. They say biodiesel is cheaper than regular diesel to make but depending on the oil companies, they may pocket the savings for themselves instead of passing those savings to the consumer. I've owned a diesel before and it is very easy and cheaper to maintain in the long run so that is additional savings.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:33 PM
05Dak

Well i was comparing a 3.7 Liberty to a CRD Liberty....the 3.7 gets 17 city...while the CRD gets 21 (so their stickers say, lol). Although yes, i forgot that u can usually get WAY more miles out of a diesel then gas engine. (in pickups anyways, don't know about the jeeps?)

Old 08-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Saint
Veteran

Well, when you go from 270-290 miles per tank with the 3.7L V-6 to over 400 miles per tank with the CRD I think that makes the diesel more then worth it. Diesels only use something like 20-40%, it's been a long time since I've been to Diesel School so I may be off, of the fuel that goes to the injectors in the combustion process, the rest is used to cool and lubricate the injectors and is then returned to the fuel tank.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Blue Diamond

Amen. It is no surprise that liberalism and ignorance go hand in hand. I can't believe these guys are so worried about the environment and they are bitching about the price of gas. High gas prices are the ONLY thing that make people cut down on the amount of gas they are using, whether they drive less or choose a higher milage model. Look to China's huge appetite for fuel now, compared with ony a few years ago, and you can see who is competing for the world's supply. As long as Americans demand lower priced goods made in China (and cars are comiing), we will have access to an ever shrinking pool of oil. And it will cost more, as it has since I paid .26 a gallon in the 1960's.
Support the troops and the Commander in Chief.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:02 AM
05Dak

Well, when you go from 270-290 miles per tank with the 3.7L V-6 to over 400 miles per tank with the CRD I think that makes the diesel more then worth it
Not bashing you, but im just confused how you got those numbers? Im only seeing a maybe 60-70 mile difference....not 110-130?

Quick Reply: dodge brings back....