Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Should the Ram Rumble Bee Concept See Production?
Yes, it is one awesome looking sport truck.
87.50%
No. Too much yellow. The old Rumble Bee was good enough.
12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Should Chrysler build a new Rumble Bee Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 05:39 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question of the Week: Should Chrysler build a new Rumble Bee Ram?

The Chrysler Group debuted the new Ram Rumble Bee Concept this past weekend at the Woodward Dream Cruise. The truck looks awesome and I think that it should become a production model - at least in limited numbers.

Click here for a closer look at the Rumble Bee Concept.

Do you think that there should be a new Rumble Bee Ram? Vote in the poll above and tell us why you voted one way or the other below!

Attached Thumbnails Question of the Week: Should Chrysler build a new Rumble Bee Ram?-dsc_9139.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 06:10 PM
scatpack_69
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I voted yes, only if it has the 6.4.

If it has the 5.7, sorry but not terribly interested. It looks good, put some ponies under the hood to back it up.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Deadsquiggles
Veteran

Yeah, it has to have the 6.4, no smaller than the 6.1. And I think they should have a yellow on black option. That's an *** ton of yellow.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Already talking about it here as well

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...com-video.html

The truck would cost way to much money to put a 6.4 in it. Given there is not a 6.4 in a truck yet the costs associated with putting it into a one time truck just makes no sense. Now, I know, there is a 2500 coming out with a 6.4. It is NOT the same 6.4 that you are all saying you want. That is being built as a work truck. This is a sport truck. Would require a totally re-worked suspension, brakes, programming, including shift schedules, on and on. As I said, all this work for a one off would make no sense and drive the cost of this limited production truck way to high to sell them. Slapping on some paint and accessories is nothing compared to a complete new drive train and suspension system.

Now... If they would build this as a introduction SRT, "special Rumble Bee edition", much like the first couple thousand Chally's were all SRT's, and the first Chally 392s were special editions then they could spread out all the concept to production costs into a new SRT Ram line in the following years. Thing is, I do not think they are anywhere near that stage, certainly not close enough to build something for 14, which is the whole point of the "10 year anniversary" Bee. Not to mention I am not sure there is a market for an SRT Ram. All the same factors are still in play as to why the SRT-10 Ram could not survive.

1. MSRP high. An SRT Ram would be a base Sport RCSB, IE R/T, which base is around 33K. Take the base Chally R/T at 30K, add the typical SRT package, you are now at 45K, so 15K mark up, are you ready to pay almost 50K for a 2WD RCSB Ram with little to no payload capability that seats 2? Maybe make it a Core? Ok you are now going to pay 43K for a SRT Ram RCSB with no payload, crappy radio, downgraded tires, no fogs and cloth interior.
2. Gas prices, they are still high. Never going back down. I average around 15-16MPG's in my 392 Chally, extrapalate from there. Of course I can push 25 on the highway, but come on, you are not buying this truck to cruise at 65. Real world MPG would be in the low teens, as in 13-14, if that.
3. Then you have the people who say we need a 4 door version, further weakening the market for the truck.

Do not read this wrong, I personally love the idea of a SRT Ram. But I, much like those who think it would be cool and want one are a very small majority. These are the same questions/factors that are floating around tables and discussions everytime someone @ Ram/Dodge starts debating this behind closed doors. Add in there are no real sport trucks on the market like the mid 00's and the conversation reaches a stall @ the table, or at least that is how I picture it happening. The only thing going for us (outside of Ralph appearing to be a true performance nut) is the fact the industry is getting better, profits are going up which allows for "play" things like this to happen, but at the same time you do not want to doom yourself to the same fate the past has given the industry. These are not easy decisions to be made within the industry, for any auto maker.

They could help the Bee with the 5.7 simply by doing the 4.10 gears, sheading some weight somehow and adding a special tune. Those with 4th Gen Rams that have aftermarket tuners know how much they help. That truck could be a mid 5 0-60 with little additional cost.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 08-19-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 PM
hoglicker

Prefer my trucks to be good looking "haulers" and my sport customs to be in my passenger and sports cars

Old 08-20-2013, 06:40 AM
steelyd
Rookie

I own one of the last breed-the '05 Ram Daytona. I still get well wishes and stares from that big wing. I say go for it. I'd LOVE to get a 10th Ann. Rum Bee but only if they offer true dual exhaust with the 4.10 gears. Oh by the way-make these true limited production trucks-make that production badge on the dash actually MEAN something.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:43 AM
DeeJayh
Rookie

Originally Posted by steelyd
I own one of the last breed-the '05 Ram Daytona. I still get well wishes and stares from that big wing. I say go for it. I'd LOVE to get a 10th Ann. Rum Bee but only if they offer true dual exhaust with the 4.10 gears. Oh by the way-make these true limited production trucks-make that production badge on the dash actually MEAN something.
100% completely agree. Couldn't have said it better myself. If you're gonna pay big bucks, you better get something better than fancy guages, some bells/whistles, and a badge.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they should and they should put the 470hp 392 under the hood

Old 08-20-2013, 11:27 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio
The truck would cost way to much money to put a 6.4 in it. Given there is not a 6.4 in a truck yet the costs associated with putting it into a one time truck just makes no sense. Now, I know, there is a 2500 coming out with a 6.4. It is NOT the same 6.4 that you are all saying you want. That is being built as a work truck. This is a sport truck. Would require a totally re-worked suspension, brakes, programming, including shift schedules, on and on. As I said, all this work for a one off would make no sense and drive the cost of this limited production truck way to high to sell them. Slapping on some paint and accessories is nothing compared to a complete new drive train and suspension system.
They already did it. Remember the Quicksilver? Sure it didn't have the 8 speed, but after all the one-offs Dodge has done in the past (and Jeep), can't be too hard for an engineer to do. Obviously they can get a Challenger to run with a Viper V10, they got a Charger to run with a V10 as well, the Quicksilver with the 6.4, all the Jeeps they've done with Hemis and such. Special projects are Chryslers forte, more than any manufacturer I can think of.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:37 PM
PublicHair
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say no. Not hard to Change a paint color. Put some serious perks in and you got a deal. But a paint color and graphics to make it look fast don't cut it.

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Should Chrysler build a new Rumble Bee Ram?