Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Do You Think That Chrysler Would or Could Kill Dodge?
No. They might have but they will not now.
16.67%
No...and they were never going to.
66.67%
Yes...and they still might.
16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Do You Think That Chrysler Will Kill Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 02:14 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question of the Week: Do You Think That Chrysler Will Kill Dodge?

Comments from Dodge boss Tim Kuniskis have seemingly put to rest any rumor of the Chrysler Group killing off the Dodge brand but we want to know if you think that the company ever did...or still does...plan to bring an end to the Dodge brand.

Click here to read our front page piece detailing why I think Dodge isnt going anywhere and make sure to vote in the poll above!

Attached Thumbnails Question of the Week: Do You Think That Chrysler Will Kill Dodge?-2013-challenger-rt-600.jpg  

Last edited by BadStratRT; 10-28-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:01 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is possible that they still have this in mind. Honestly, why did they separate the Viper from Dodge when the Viper reinforced Dodge's performance heritage and was instrumental in changing their brand image when it was originally introduced seeing that its styling was later implemented on numerous models? The problem that I see is when they make decisions such as with the minivans and the Avenger where they determine that there isn't enough sales for the both of them and want to give the Dodge models the ax. This underlines the great misunderstanding that Sergio has. Dodge has never needed to be changed or redefined, it is Chrysler that needs to be changed and redefined.

It seems to me that Chrysler can't figure out what it is supposed to be. The redesigned 300 has brought Chrysler back to the entry level luxury credibility lost in the last gen that had interior comparable to a Chevy and an entry level powertrain that GM and Ford would have been embarrassed to use (the underpowered, unrefined, not very fuel efficient 2.7L V6). The 200 while a big improvement over the Sebring still misses the mark. The interior is still on the basic side and doesn't come anywhere close to entry level luxury when it can barely compete with entry level offerings from Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc. , the I4 is one of the least efficient, least refined, and slowest, and it doesn't really offer much that makes it stand out in the competition aside from the Exterior styling and the new V6. Dodge needs remain in this segment as the entry level brand with muscle and if any change is needed, allowed to be a bit more premium. Chrysler needs to be distinguishably different having a interior that could never be mistaken with the Dodge and at least comparable with Buick and Lincoln, and if should be V6 only until Chrysler can make a more credible I4.

The situation with the minivans is also a continuation of this misunderstanding. While the Chrysler has some more gadgets than the Dodge has, the interior is basically the same. The Chrysler in comparison to Dodge should feature seats with drastically better grade material, extra stuffing in the seats, a real soft to the touch materials with a different design, at leather wrapped dash, upgraded suspension components (i.e. magnetic struts), and other things that makes it truly and unmistakably better for those whom want overkill. Dodge should offer everything that Toyota and Honda have to offer and then some. Chrysler should be a step or two beyond.

Chrysler should try to offer another sporty luxury coupe and smaller luxury SUV another try.

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Do You Think That Chrysler Will Kill Dodge?