Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge El Camino?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:49 AM
figanootz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge El Camino?

Has anyone seen or heard of this before? Is it for real? With gas prices going so high this would be a great truck alternative and it looks hot!

Old 03-16-2008, 10:12 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: Dodge El Camino?

Just a photochop...as far as I know the only Ute thats coming to the U.S market is the G8 "ST"...

Old 03-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to know how people can't tell that that is a photochop...

Seriously...

Old 03-17-2008, 03:05 AM
hemi 265
Professional

For some reason i can't see the link or attachment. I would like to see this photo. I've said before so many times that Dodge should make a Ute with Charger front end or somthing, ive even sugested it to Dodge.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 AM
figanootz

[align=left]I fixed the link.
Photoshop? Most likely, but does that really matter? I suppose someone went through a lot of time and effort to make this photo but why? Do car companies leak stuff like this to gauge receptiveness to new concepts? I like it and I hope they make it. Dodge made stationwagons cool again maybe they can do the same with Ute.

BTW, how can you tell that it is a Photoshop?
[/align]

Old 03-17-2008, 11:15 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: figanootz

[align=left]I fixed the link.
Photoshop? Most likely, but does that really matter? I suppose someone went through a lot of time and effort to make this photo but why? Do car companies leak stuff like this to gauge receptiveness to new concepts? I like it and I hope they make it. Dodge made stationwagons cool again maybe they can do the same with Ute.

BTW, how can you tell that it is a Photoshop?
[/align]
Simple, it's a Magnum that's been modified...and you can tell by looking at the bed section and see that somethings been removed from the picture...

Old 03-17-2008, 11:44 AM
figanootz

But this car is longer than a Magnum and behind the door is diferent than a Magnum. This isn't just removing stuff. I don't want this the degrade to a photoshop or not thread.
What does anyone think of car? Like or dislike, would you want to buy one?

Old 03-17-2008, 11:56 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: figanootz

But this car is longer than a Magnum and behind the door is diferent than a Magnum. This isn't just removing stuff. I don't want this the degrade to a photoshop or not thread.
What does anyone think of car? Like or dislike, would you want to buy one?
It's not really any different though. The length is perhaps at most, a few inches different. Not to mention, when you look at the cab portion of the vehicle the dimensions and angles are all off.

I think there would be interest in this, as there has been interest in a Jeep pickup for years. The main reason why I think alot of the previous El Caminos and what not died out was simply the fact that smaller better trucks were being built....

But in recent years, we've started to see a rebirth of these style of vehicles...... I dunno that I'd use the Magnum as a choice tho....the Charger front end would be more my choice...as to make it more aggressive and impressive...

Old 03-17-2008, 12:01 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodge El Camino= the 1980's Dodge Rampage

Old 03-17-2008, 06:35 PM
figanootz

But in recent years, we've started to see a rebirth of these style of vehicles...... I dunno that I'd use the Magnum as a choice tho....the Charger front end would be more my choice...as to make it more aggressive and impressive..
I agree, the Charger front end would look far better. Although I can 't think of a single vehicle in the US that would fit in this category of vehicle style.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge El Camino?