DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Brand News, Concepts & Rumors (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors-29/)
-   -   Question of the Week: Do you like driving your Dodge in the snow? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-and-rumors/368620-question-of-the-week-do-you-like-driving-your-dodge-in-the-snow.html)

BadStratRT 01-06-2014 06:42 PM

Question of the Week: Do you like driving your Dodge in the snow?

Many of us got hammered with snow this weekend so we want to know - do you enjoy driving your Dodge or Ram in the snow?

What do you drive, what drive configuration (RWD, FWD, AWD), do you live in a snowy area, etc?

For me, I got about 20 inches of snow in my yard and i love driving my rwd hemi quad cab in the snow.

Rusticrelics2014 01-06-2014 06:52 PM

4x4 and I love it. Drove in middle of blizzard in northwest indiana last night with no problems.

earlyre 01-06-2014 09:56 PM

my plucky little neon has yet to meet weather it couldn't handle, and have fun doing it.

dapepper9 01-07-2014 01:30 AM

2001 1500 and I LOVE driving in the snow. Even tho I have 4x4 I haven't used it since last year on my old tires. Currently I've been enjoying drifting around empty streets and plowing thru plow drifts

Kensai 01-07-2014 12:12 PM

Love to play in the snow but ice is a different story. Puts alot of wear and tear on the tires if playing on ice.

Altair 01-07-2014 12:30 PM

4x4 and so long as it's just snow and not an ice storm I love it. Driving on a sheet of ice sucks.

Blacknights 01-07-2014 02:32 PM

Two of my locations are covered in snow or ice, but I'm in GA right now, it is just cold. I like the fact that with rear-wheel I can drive (mostly drift) in 5-6 inches for fun. I agree ice destroys tires, I've burned mine on ice to the point the ice turns black and melts some. But I've plowed through almost 12 inches with my crappy highway tires on in 4x4 hi.

I'm I the only one who hasn't used 4x4 Lo for an actual purpose? I've only engaged it to lubricate it and try to run it around a little.

97 3.5 Intrepid 01-07-2014 08:39 PM

My 2002 Intrepid ES does a great job with with the right tires. With Cooper CS4 or Goodyear Nascar #1 (GTII) it does an outstanding job. The cheapo Primewells were the worst I have ever seen. The car couldn't handle the thinnest blanket of snow. The Intrepid equipped with current Cooper CS4 with 35K miles on them did a great job in the 10-12 inch snow we had this week.

hemi4109 01-07-2014 10:36 PM

Well I don't live in a snowy area compared to much of the country but somehow we've managed to get 50" of snow since November 1st this winter. I guess we're just lucky! The side roads are caked with at least 12-16" of packed snow since they don't plow them and people are getting stuck everywhere if they fall out of the ruts. I keep a fair amount of weight in the back and will get as far as any car will, seeing as I'm not dragging the bottom like they are. Now I do carry a shovel in case I stop in some real deep stuff but never had to use it in years of driving. I guess you get used to driving rwd and I love it. I did have a truck without a posi at some point and that was a chore but can't complain about my current dodge.

RedneckMagnumPower 01-09-2014 03:57 AM

No matter what I'm driving, I love the now, and sometimes ice.
The best was muh 76 ford. RWD, 390, 4spd. Drifting around in a ratchety old pickup was the best. A heater, a casette, and a friend scared in the passenger side makes for a fun time. Drove good in all conditions if you weren't an idiot with the throttle...
That and my 71 Coronet. Couldn't go over 45 when (never if) the roads were iced over, but could sure tank it's way through anything.