Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler Imperial Concept picture

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler Imperial Concept picture

I disagree. I think this car is meant to compete with cars that are 40 YEARS OLD! lol

Old 01-10-2006, 01:17 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

I have to say I question Chrysler's thinking on this car. They are trying to compete with Rolls Royce with their styling but I don't think this car will compete against those. The 300C is basically Mercedes (whether or not they realize it), BMW, Cadillac competitor for less money with the base model destroying that luxury classification. They should style the Imperal to compete against Mercedes S-class and BMW 7-series where they could pull off another good market niche.

this isn't meant to compete with rolls Royce. DCX has Maybach to do that. this probably would compete with the Cadillac STS and maybe the BMW 7s.
I guess I didn't communicate my point correctly. The Imperial's styling compares to super luxury cars like Rolls Royce in the attempt to compete against Cadillac, Mercedes, and BMW but it won't work because the styling is more likely to compete against Rolls Royce and the Cadillac, Mercedes, and BMW will not be attracted to it because of the styling is too different from what they are interested in. If Chrysler intends to go with this styling then they should focus the Rolls Royce market because I doubt it will work on the Cadillac, Mercedes, and BMW crowd. I just think they need to go back to the drawing board altogether.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:25 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a concept, just like the Challenger. Concepts are meant to gauge the publics reaction to a certain design. Just because a concept vehicle is built doesn't mean that it is a serious candidate for production. Manufacturers like to know the publics thinking on their design themes so they have an idea of what direction to take in terms of styling, features and so on. Not everyone in the market is 20's, single and looking for a performance vehicle. So it's to be expected the manufacturers will have a broad range of concepts and themes to gather as much reaction from as many segments as possible. I really don't care for the Imperial, awkward looking to put it nicely. The 300 is proportioned much better and I would think pretty much covers this segment but maybe DCX is looking to go upscale.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:19 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

I don't about anyone else, but I know how concepts work.

It would be nice to have a huge LX variant like a Rolls. You know, something you could have a driver take you around in, but this thing is purely too ugly.

So far, I don't think anyone has liked this thing. Don't make it Chrysler...

BUT, I DO like the fact of a large classy LX variant, just not this design. Go back to the drawing board DCX.

BTW, the Edmunds page no longer has the picture. So here is the 2006 Chrysler Imperial concept picture from Allpar, and Allpar's Imperial page.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/ly/imperial.html

Old 01-10-2006, 12:44 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

this isn't meant to compete with rolls Royce. DCX has Maybach to do that. this probably would compete with the Cadillac STS and maybe the BMW 7s.
And I'd buy either of those cars before I'd even take a free one of this p.o.s.

It looks like a WWII german reject car......I'm sorry but you couldnt even give me one of these. I especially hate the rear end and the fact that half the gauges are down on the console.....that seems to be a theme with a majority of automakers this past 8 months on all the concepts....

Old 01-10-2006, 02:01 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

I can see this used more for limos

Old 01-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

After lookings at some more pics, it's not so bad in the front. It's the back that needs some major work...

Old 01-10-2006, 05:50 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

does anyone find that strikingly similar to the rolls royce phantom?? i mean it looks a lot like it...

Old 01-10-2006, 05:59 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

That's a ritzy looking ride!! Those who want to project that "image" of $$$ will be drawn to it, I'm sure. I'm more of a blue jeans and t-shirt type than a black tie person......

Dusty

Old 01-10-2006, 07:21 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I don't about anyone else, but I know how concepts work.

It would be nice to have a huge LX variant like a Rolls. You know, something you could have a driver take you around in, but this thing is purely too ugly.

So far, I don't think anyone has liked this thing. Don't make it Chrysler...

BUT, I DO like the fact of a large classy LX variant, just not this design. Go back to the drawing board DCX.

BTW, the Edmunds page no longer has the picture. So here is the 2006 Chrysler Imperial concept picture from Allpar, and Allpar's Imperial page.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/ly/imperial.html

My point exactly. I like the idea of Chrysler offering a more upscale car to recapture their luxury image, but this design won't work. Maybe for Maybach but not Chrysler. Chryslers are supposed to be good looking, Maybach's are allowed to be ugly.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Imperial Concept picture