Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

New Avenger coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:14 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Avenger coupe?

Atomic at autoweek said...

dodge is being tight lipped about a new coupe, just like they've been w/ the charger sedan and challenger coupe. shortly after the chrysler sebring convertible is announced, we'll be hearing much more about a new avenger coupe.

i wish i had more information, but i've been assured that the coupe will come to fruition !

Old 02-21-2006, 11:26 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Avenger coupe?

So they will have the AVENGER SUV and Avenger sport coupe?? So the Stratus wasnt a big enough failure for them....Better have 300 hp in that car.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:43 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

It'll be some crappy Cobalt looking coupe. It wont be any kind of serious threat to the Challenger.

Look, the Monte Carlo was never going to be compared to the Corvette, but it was always a beast in the old days. I just dont see the point in this move. The Avenger that I've seen was hideous....like a Caliber on steriods in a sedan model.....

I wonder if that motor would mount up in my R/T?

Old 02-21-2006, 06:04 PM
87ram
Veteran

Maybe I'm just misundertanding the conversation but, how is two cars from the same brand going to threaten each other. Plus their not even in the same class, and if they do make a Cobalt looking Avenger coupe maybe that would be a bad thing. Dodge should have done more with the other Avenger coupe and now that they have the redesgned world engines(that can actually handle a turbocharger) this little coupe will have 300hp. I don't really care for the Caliber that much, mostly because I don't like SUV cross-overs. But if I could have 300hp in a little coupe, like the Cobalt, I would buy one. If you ask me the threat is not to the Challenger but to the Cobalt.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:13 PM
hemi 265
Professional

I just can't wait to see them and how the avenger turns out!

Old 02-21-2006, 10:28 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: 87ram

Maybe I'm just misundertanding the conversation but, how is two cars from the same brand going to threaten each other. Plus their not even in the same class, and if they do make a Cobalt looking Avenger coupe maybe that would be a bad thing. Dodge should have done more with the other Avenger coupe and now that they have the redesgned world engines(that can actually handle a turbocharger) this little coupe will have 300hp. I don't really care for the Caliber that much, mostly because I don't like SUV cross-overs. But if I could have 300hp in a little coupe, like the Cobalt, I would buy one. If you ask me the threat is not to the Challenger but to the Cobalt.

It's not a matter of what it looks like, here's the problem. The original Avenger became the Stratus coupe....and both were severely underpowered and overpriced. Also, both were really good looking cars, but looks was all it got.

Now you are going to basically kill off one car to replace it with another car....they had very damn well put something high powered into it. The problem comes with pricing. It cant be more then $22k. If it gets above that mark....then its going to be pushing people into other cars. The current Stratus coupe is very nice looking, fun to drive, but it was overpriced and underpowered. Now, had the R/T came with like a SRT-6 styled motor....that would be awesome!

The SRT-4 motor is a nice idea and a step in the right direction, but I honestly think this coupe will indeed be something of the Cobalt's size....maybe a lil bigger...but not as big as the current Stratus coupe. Which sucks, because I like my Stratus...its a big enough car for me, without being a sedan sized coupe.

If this car is priced 25k or higher....I think alot of people will go after a different brand car......

Also, to explain the threaten each other comment....both the Buick Grand Nationals and the Camaro were eventually cancelled because they started showing up the Corvette.....high horsepower and dirt cheap compared to the Corvette. People were buying those and not the Corvette. It can happen to Dodge too.... It's why you really dont see a lot of high performance coupes anymore unless its the ONLY one in the lineup....

Quick Reply: New Avenger coupe?