Smart car? - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Smart car?

Old 07-30-2006, 11:50 AM
cjwr
Professional
Default RE: Smart car?

i was in Seattle last week, and i saw three different ones (different colors) in the 2 days i was there.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:35 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

It better not be a Chrysler otherwise it will be unreliable (tranny and electrical) by default. It better not be a Dodge either otherwise people will ask, "that thing got a Hemi?" Does an I3 count?

Old 08-02-2006, 07:59 AM
motopimp

ORIGINAL: The Burning Rom

ORIGINAL: motopimp
Further they are only expected to be offered in select markets (at least initially) when they do make it here. I would expect they will probably do well on the left coast.
They're already available here...or at least they WERE at one point at select dealers. I'm not sure if they will be in the future. They're selling VERY poorly, and currently are down to only 1 model....they used to have 3 or 4. In fact, Chrysler considered dumping it's stake in SMART a few years back due to poor sales and a few lawsuits.
SMART or GEM?? They had/have been selling GEM's at Chrysler dealerships.(GEM's are electric only and limited to 25 mph {as delivered}) SMART's have not been directly available in the U.S. yet (NHTSA bureaucracy). There was a private company importing them in and selling them out west, but Chrysler has tried to stop them. Below is a copy of an article if anyone's interested.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40664/15F9D4C351B7499B8F15CEE9C12B59D0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-12-2006, 01:20 AM
jamie
Professional

Smart cars here in Ontario are through Mercades dealers, and have that emblem on the front of the car. I have not heard of dodge or DC releasing them under any other badge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Smart car?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: