Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Special Edition Charger Daytona for 2006!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 05:12 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special Edition Charger Daytona for 2006!

58Hawk, sent me these stats about the supposed 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona...

DODGE DAYTONA MODEL:

Built fromodge Charger RT
Estimated Volume:1,000 - 5,000 units
Orders Taken:Feb. 2005 at Daytona 500 Race
Production Launch April 4, 2005

Available Colors: Orange Blast or Infereno Red

Exterior Details:
Spoiler, Rear Decklid
Custom Exhaust Tips
5.7L Hemi Decal on Hood
Hood Louvers
Unique Grille/Hood Color (Black)
Painted Brake Calipers
Black-out Rear Fascia
Fascia/Side Sill Ground Effects

Interior:
Two-tone Leather Seats
Body-color IP Trim Rings and Center Stack Bezel
Racing Style Aluminum Brake/Accelerator Pedals
Model Name/Numbered Plate - Petty Signature
Subwoofer
Illuminated Sill Plate - Dodge Daytona

Functional:
20" Wheels and Tires
HID/Projector Headlamps
Aggressive Shift Schedule
Engine Cover - Hemi Orange
"Image" Sound Exhaust System

redriderbob

Old 08-02-2004, 05:17 PM
shiltz
Captain
Default RE: Special Edition Charger Daytona for 2006!

ORIGINAL: redriderbob

5.7L Hemi Decal on Hood

I find it kind of odd that the Charger Daytona would only have the 5.7 since the top Charger on release (i'm assuming an R/T) is suposed to be using the 6.1 hemi, would think the Charger Daytona would be higher up than the R/T.

Old 08-02-2004, 06:32 PM
redriderbob
Banned

Alright, first off, not to sound mean, but one of my biggest pet peeves is how everyone is saying Magnum R/T and the new Charger R/T... Dodge is slowly phasing out the R/T models and going w/ the RT trim package! So there is a Magnum RT and there soon will be a Charger RT.

Now that we got that settled, lets talk about the trim levels for the Charger. Charger trim packages will be very similar to that of the Magnum! However there will be no 2.7L V-6 SE model offered for the Charger. Charger will have a base SXT model w/ the 3.5L HO V-6, then it will feature the 5.7L HEMI V-8 in the RT model, but the 6.1L HEMI V-8 will be limited to the Charger SRT-8 models.

NOTE above, the special edition Charger "Daytona" will be based off of the Charger RT model. That is why it will have the 5.7L HEMI V-8 badging and so forth!

Hope these helps!

redriderbob

Old 08-02-2004, 07:11 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

R/T
R/T
R/T!

Sorry redriderbob but I just couldn't resist. If Dodge is phasing out the R/T designation, it is a huge mistake. That designation is a proud part of their past. The same past that Dodge is apparently trying to relive with its new vehicle line-up. Its like Chevy suddenly deciding to call its "SS" cars S/S's. Sacrilege!

BTW, how do you like my deck lid emblem?

Nick

Old 08-02-2004, 07:53 PM
redriderbob
Banned

First off Nick, I like your vintage R/T logo, and BTW... black was the way to go my man! Best looking color on the Magnum!

But, many people still think that the R/T trim package of todays Dodges like the 5.9L R/T models of the Dakota and Durango, Neon R/T, Stratus Coupe and Sedan R/T, and Intrepid R/T still mean Road and Track! Well it doesn't! Dodge decided to bring back the nameplate in 1997 w/ the Neon R/T Coupe and 5.9L R/T Dakota in 1998! However, since the R/T from the 60's and 70's ment special edition package using the Road and Track name from the magazine, Dodge decided to badge the R/T name of the modern day as "Rapid Transit" models!

Even in 1999 when Dodge was giving out booklets on the R/T lineup which included the Dakota 5.9L R/T, Neon R/T Coupe, the upcoming 2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T, 1999 Dodge Charger R/T Concept, and the 1999 Dodge Caravan R/T Concept... the booklet yielded "The New Rapid Transit" lineup!

With the introduction of the Street Racing Technology (SRT) models, the Rapid Transit or R/T badging will be reduced to just simple RT which will be just a package w/ no meaning!

redriderbob

Old 08-02-2004, 09:09 PM
shiltz
Captain

well I still use R/T on the charger cause i've yet to see an official name for it yet, and so far the magnum is the odd ball car being RT, so I was still assuming the charger will actualy be called the R/T.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:21 AM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

Thanks Bob. I can be counted among those who knew nothing about the "Road & Track" v. "Rapid Transit" designations. I will still lament the departure from the R/T designation if that comes to pass. Thanks for the info.

Since you seem to be really up on things, can you shed any light on the gear question I have posed in this thread? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Nick

Old 08-03-2004, 11:44 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Bob,

Now you must remember that dodge used the "rapid transit" moniker back in the 60's as well. It may have started out as road and track, but turned into rapid transit through the progression of marketing.

Joe

Old 08-03-2004, 04:17 PM
redriderbob
Banned

Actually Joe, your a little off. Dodge never had Rapid Transit back in the 60's and 70's. It was the Plymouth brand. Even though Dodge and Plymouth shared motors, platforms, and a parent company; they tried to oust each other... Dodge had the famed "Scat Pack", but Plymouth to make a mocker off of the Scat Pack w/ the "Rapid Transit System", which were Plymouth brand cars which started from 1970 to 1972 and all of which were 13-second or lower quarter mile cars... like the 1970 Fury GT w/ a 440+6, 1970 Road Runner w/ 383, 440+6. HEMI, 1970 Plymouth Duster w/ 340+6, and 1970 Plymouth Cuda 440 and HEMI cars, just to name a few!

RTS cars, are what Plymouth muscle car fans try to find the most. They were among the fastest muscle cars of the time!

redriderbob

Old 08-04-2004, 01:15 AM
novicius
Professional

We need pics, RRBob!

Hunt some up and post 'em...!!!

- novicius -

Quick Reply: Special Edition Charger Daytona for 2006!