Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge Avenger unveiled/details

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:34 AM
hemi 265
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-09-2007, 09:41 AM
MOPAR_MANIAC
Default RE: Dodge Avenger unveiled/details

i hate it....not so much hate it as i liked the concept better ...ALOT better.....the concept was more powerful and looked alot slicker, its like a hybrib between the calibur and the charger...i mean dont get me wrong , the interior is AWESOME and the design is alot more modern than the concept, but its not what some of us were hyped for

Old 01-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Majin_Neon_00
Professional

You know they say that i could have AWD in the near future, and if you look on Dodge's website it ask if you would want a 300hp Turbo 2.4L 4 cylinder motor, think about how cool a AWD 300HP Avenger would be. With a 6speed Manual

Old 01-09-2007, 08:15 PM
shiltz
Captain

*sigh*, they did it again, SE, sporty looking body colored crosshair grill, SXT, sporty looking body colored crosshair grill, R/T, tacky ricer chrome crosshair grill.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ricer grill?.... no

Old 01-09-2007, 08:43 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i am kinda torn.

the avenger has awd and chillzone but a ****ty interior.

the sebring has an amazing interior but i couldnt get awd and chillzone. chillzone isnt as much of an issue as awd. but i think the sebrign looks better outside too

Old 01-10-2007, 05:01 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: MOPAR_MANIAC

i hate it....not so much hate it as i liked the concept better ...ALOT better.....the concept was more powerful and looked alot slicker, its like a hybrib between the calibur and the charger...i mean dont get me wrong , the interior is AWESOME and the design is alot more modern than the concept, but its not what some of us were hyped for

I don't get it, the concept looks just like the R/T. Whats so different.

But I do agree with the grill comment. Dump the chrome. They should all be body color. There is no chrome anywhere else, so why here? Duh!

Nick the only difference in the interior is the door panels. The dash is almost the exact same. The only true difference is on the limited with the tortise shell pieces. Other than that they are virtually the same. If I still work for dcx in year and a half I just might get the srt version to replace my truck!

The sebring just screams old person to me. And get rid of that stupid hood.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:16 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Another sedan... oh yay. Are we gonna have to kill to get a non-sedan (besides the Challenger) to get released?
The outside doesn't look bad, the inside isa little plain, however.
The gas mileage could be a little better I think (its a Dodge product, what do you expect?)

To me, thefront end looks a little similar to the current pre-2007 Chevy Impala's.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:24 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SHAPman

Why do so many see it that way? It looks like a sedan inspired by the Crossfire. I think it looks pretty sharp (granted I prefer the look of my Intrepid but that is besides the point).

ORIGINAL: dodgerules86
The gas mileage could be a little better I think
I agree. They should have the 62TE standard on all models. That would resolve the fuel mileage and acceleration issue if they chose the correct gearing. The R/T model should be better as well. I think they can afford to give the Avenger a taller axle ratio thanks to the extremely short 1st gear. It should have a 3.06 axle instead of a 3.43. That would probably give the 3.5L around 30mpg on the highway.

the front end looks a little similar to the CURRENT PRE-2007 Chevy Impala's.
No offense, but that sounds like an oxymoron statement. Do you mean current POST-2007 Chevy Impala's, or pre-2007 Chevy Impala's (which would actually be pre-2006)?

Old 01-11-2007, 06:57 AM
hemi 265
Professional

[quote]ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

ORIGINAL: SHAPman

Why do so many see it that way? It looks like a sedan inspired by the Crossfire. I think it looks pretty sharp (granted I prefer the look of my Intrepid but that is besides the point).

The gas mileage could be a little better I think
I agree. They should have the 62TE standard on all models. That would resolve the fuel mileage and acceleration issue if they chose the correct gearing. The R/T model should be better as well. I think they can afford to give the Avenger a taller axle ratio thanks to the extremely short 1st gear. It should have a 3.06 axle instead of a 3.43. That would probably give the 3.5L around 30mpg on the highway.

Agreed!

I Havn't seen a Sebring in real life yet because we won't get it in here till about mid year but the more i see it on the net the more i like it. I think it will be one of the those cars that will grow on people and they won't get sick of it straight away.

Quick Reply: Dodge Avenger unveiled/details