Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Jeep Commander w/o Camo??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 06:16 PM
harcourtmudd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Commander w/o Camo??

Ok so this post does not have the pics yet, but I heard that the Commander was revealed in Frankfurt at some sort of press conference and am wondering if anyone has tracked down any pics of it. Right now I only know that the verdict is still out as to whether it will resemble the Rescue concept or a stretch Grand Cherokee. Info anyone????

Old 08-10-2004, 08:51 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Default Jeep Commander w/o Camo??

Nope, the Commander never was. Still under heavy camo, while being tested. Make sure to check back in, and as soon as I get one it will be posted. Commander is said to debut at Chicago Auto Show, this next Feburary.

Make sure not to think of the 1999 Jeep Commander Concept... it is a completely different vehicle. If you have any more questions about the Commander I would be more than welcome to help.

redriderbob

Old 08-11-2004, 12:28 PM
harcourtmudd
Default RE: Jeep Commander w/o Camo??

There was an article out there about when Chrysler officially announced the Charger, the Commander, and the replacement for the Stratus. It sounded like some financial guys were shown at least the Charger and the Commander. I remember the article saying something like the Commander was about 4 inches taller than the grand cherokee and that it looked similar to the H2. I'm holding out hope that the Commander will end up looking like the Rescue Concept as I feel a stretched Grand Cherokee might look like a terd. The camo-clad concept looks like it would be really hot with some bigger tires to fill out the wheel wells.

Old 08-12-2004, 03:49 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: Jeep Commander w/o Camo??

Well Stratus production will stay the same until 2007... and Chrysler hasn't touched base on that yet! Go to my webpage and see more about the upcoming Commander...

http://www.redriderbob.homestead.com/info.html

redriderbob

Quick Reply: Jeep Commander w/o Camo??