Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Magnaflow Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:03 AM
370HEMI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow Exhaust

Well guys, i purchased a magnaflow exhaust for 06 srt8 charger about two weeks ago. The sound is great for the most part, but when driving at about 1700 rpms, and when lightly accelarating at about 2100 rpms my exhaust makes a rattling sound. My question is, is this common for the magnaflow system, or is something not connected properly? Thanks for the help

Old 05-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Mungo404
Default RE: Magnaflow Exhaust

When I had mine installed, I had a similar problem. The increased size of the exhaust (3") wasmaking contact with the crossover support brace at certain speeds and whenever I went over a bump.The muffler installer had to bend the support brace a bit and added some washersunder the brace to lower it about a quarter inch or so.Some of the members of this and other forums have removed the brace all together. There are differring opinions on whether the brace is necessary.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:07 PM
K2
Rookie

Yup
I had the same problem with mine, I did leave the brace on mine but I just rolled the edges on the brace a bit so it had a little more clearance.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Darth Magnum

Same problem here. I had to heat and bend the cross brace. Also I had to make more adjustments when you put the car in reverse. Make sure you check that out too. Then I had to make some fitting adjutments to the tailpipes...one higher than the other but after all of that I love the pipes.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Exhaust