DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Charger SRT-8 (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/charger-srt-8-73/)
-   -   ALL SRT8 owners read & respond ASAP! (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/charger-srt-8/59817-all-srt8-owners-read-and-respond-asap.html)

06MNRT 05-23-2006 06:07 PM

ALL SRT8 owners read & respond ASAP!

Please note: This is limited to LX Based SRT8's, not the Jeep GCSRT8.

OK, this is very exciting news.

Please read ENTIRE post, and respond accordingly

I want to do as much as I can for you while this is going on....

I was just awoken to a phone call from SRT Engineering. After describing the 1-2 shift issue in detail, I was then put on speaker phone for the entire team present at the time to listen to everything I am experiencing.

Upon completion they verified who and where my dealer is, and are going to fly out to Minneapolis to test my car.

They are going to call back quote... "when our tech has a ticket in his hand" and in the next day or two should be run through it's paces by one of the SRT Engineers.

Ok, here's where YOU come in....

I will be updating THIS thread as any updates become available.

They said to me that out of 30,000 vehicles they have only heard of this a few times, so they are sort of at a loss. I did NOT correct them by saying how many LXForum member are also going through this.

If you are experiencing the SEVERE 1-2 shift throttle cut-out (not just a slight hesitation) please PM me ALL of the complete details, and your contact info, last 8 digits of your VIN#, and your dealership name/contact info.

I can't promise anything more than I will print each of these out, and personally hand them to the SRT Engineer myself. This will not only allow them to know there is a widespread problem, but it will hopefully get you more direct contact, and a possible faster solution.

Again... if you have the SEVERE 1-2 shift problem (where the throttle cuts out so violently that you are nearly thrown into the steering wheel), please PM me the above requested information.

They will NOT be dealing with any other issues at the time. No brake issues, no engine whine issues.

Here is what I would need from you:

Name (real name)
Address
Contact phone number
Year, make, model of your SRT8
VIN # of your SRT8
Crystal clear detail of your transmission problem. When it happens, how it happens. Is the car warmed up or cold. Only happens in a straight line, or in turns as well? Etc...
Did you perform a TCM replacement?
Did the TCM replacement make it better, worse?

Is your ESP on or off when the throttle cutout occurs? (Position 1, 2, or 3)
Are you in "D" or autostick, or does it happen in both?
Are you able to reproduce these affects only under WOT, or at any other time? (I am able to do this at around 4500 rpm under 3/4 throttle if I begin rolling under 20mph)
What has your dealer done to service this issue outside of replacing the TCM? (flashing, etc)

Any other pertinent information.

fmarshal3 06-29-2006 09:16 PM

RE: ALL SRT8 owners read & respond ASAP!

I haven't heard any update on how your new programming is working for you. Will you share? Dodge must be getting close to releasing it to the rest of us.

Caden 07-07-2006 04:35 PM

I own a 2006 SRT8 Dodge charger that I purchased in Feb. 06 it has 2300 miles on it now. I have all the problems you have mentioned. I been hoping that someone would come up with a solution or a recall would happen.

I purchased it in Freemont Nebraska from Gene Steffy Chrysler, because all the dealers on the east cost were marking the SRT8 up by $5,000 to $12,000.

I drove the car home here to Kalamazoo Michigan. It is a great car with a VERY POOR!!! Transmission & shifter design. I need to shift at 5400 rpm to get it to shift without the rev limiter shutting off the motor at 6200 rpm.

I called Chrysler, to see where I could take the car for repair, the local dealer insisted that I leave the car with them, and since I have had 2 motors screw up in the past 38 years of purchasing cars I refused to comply and dealer refused to work on the car with me present.

Any help or information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Name (real name) Lee New
Address Kalamazoo Mi
Contact phone number 269-330-5764
Year, make, model of your SRT8 2006 Charger SRT-8
VIN # of your SRT8 later
Crystal clear detail of your transmission problem. When it happens, how it happens. Is the car warmed up or cold. Only happens in a straight line, or in turns as well? Etc... All the time
Did you perform a TCM replacement? NO
Did the TCM replacement make it better, worse? have not had anything done yet

Is your ESP on or off when the throttle cutout occurs? (Position 1, 2, or 3) I only have one position on or off, I don't think the ESP works all the time, The car acts the same most of the time.
Are you in "D" or autostick, or does it happen in both? Both

Are you able to reproduce these affects only under WOT, or at any other time? (I am able to do this at around 4500 rpm under 3/4 throttle if I begin rolling under 20mph) WOT, most of the time.
What has your dealer done to service this issue outside of replacing the TCM? (flashing, etc)

Kind Regards,

Lee New

Kalamazoo Michigan

Ram_Sport 07-12-2006 01:44 AM

did the tmr mod on dads truck made hell of difference in shifts., sry to hear about this prob w/ 1-2

MagnumSRTDude 07-25-2006 06:01 PM

06MNRT, can you do me a huge favor? Can you please ask the SRT engineers why Magnum SRT's front suspension makes a clunking noise when going over bumps at low speed? I almost can't believe they would release a car that makes these noises. Is the clunking noise why M Benz doesn't use this suspension anymore and now DC has it. Can someone tell me what's the deal with this?
It's driving me crazy!
Thanks

1beast 08-06-2006 10:05 PM

my srt8 charger i think does the same thing when i slap shift it don't shift by
its self it will hit the 6200rpm and cut completly out throwing you forward and making you look like an rooky in the drivers seat , thought to myself that the R/T once owned and built didnot have this feature it shifted manually at rev limit by its self. This SRT8 Has to be shifted at rev limit or will cut out , Is the the same problem please comfirm

fmarshal3 08-08-2006 08:08 PM

I gave you my info the last time around. That 1/2 shift stumble is a real booger.

You haven't responded to my question about how your new programming is working, but I assume this isn't one of the things it fixed.

While you have their ear, why don't you ask them why they are even concerned about watching the rev limiter and cutting off the engine fuel when the car is in gear and they are controlliong the shifts! They should only be watching the limiter when the car is not in a forward gear! With the updated software even controling the manual shifts, that should protect the engine well enough! I'll just bet the limit monitoring software is causing this shifting problem....

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it....

okcsrt8 08-10-2006 01:18 AM

I just purchased my Charger SRT-8 two days ago and when in D, I experience difficulties with shifting through the first two gears as well. There seems to be a "hesitation" of some sort and the powerband isn't strong. I am going to do a test run to fine tune my troubleshooting so I can actually provide detailed information on what I am experiencing. I will post another reply shortly.

06MNRT 08-23-2006 03:50 AM

Sorry guys, I haven't checked in here for months. I even changed my handle on other forums since then (Bandit).

Here are ALL of the updates. Make sure to read ALL of my posts as each one gives you another step further in updates. http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=32047

The programming that SRT gave me is expected to be available by Summer's end.

MagnumSRT8 10-14-2006 11:28 PM

When I experience the problem described with my Magnum SRT8, it occurs as follows:

ESP on (as it is on start) Severe.

ESP Off stage 1 (short press on "Off") still significant, but not quite as severe.

ESP off stage 2 (engine ON, shifter in park, press ESP button for 5 seconds...tone alert & "ESP off" indication in menu display). Note ESP is not really "Off", it is just considerably damped. Minimal hesitation PROVIDING I AM ON A GOOD TRACTION SURFACE. Tires will spin a bit when 2nd gear engages.

Note: I have the Eagle F1 Supercar tires. If you have the all season tires, the problem will probably be more severe in each ESP settling.

I don't know why the shutoff has to be so severe, but the basic problem in my case seems to be the ESP jumping on tire slip during the 1-2 shift to keep the rear tires from spinning. The quality of the hookup I have with the driving surface has a dramatic positive/negative effect in all three settings.

Please post any solutions Dodge comes up with. If you contact me at dmbevis@aol.com, I can forward the specific info you mentioned.

Good Luck