Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

What is the best!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What is the best!

I was just wondering what the best spray quick detailer is? The s[ray that you use after a wah and in between full details?

Thanks!

Brendon.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Meguiars Quik detailer.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:23 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

Ok thats what I thought thanks!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Bunky
Rookie

There are a lot of good detailers, many mail order.

Meg's Quik Detailer is a nice detailer for basic cleaning.

Mothers Showtime is a step up in both added gloss and slickness to paint. It has a pleasing cinnamon scent.

Meg's Ultimate Quik Detailer is closer to a spray wax for gloss / slickness.

I think Mothers is the best value (gloss/slickness for same price as basic Meg's) if you can find it but the sprayers on the Meg's bottles are nice too -- nice fine spray pattern.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:47 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker

Aght, thanks!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker

Has anyone used the FUUKKEENN Wax >>

The add is on the right side of the threads.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I used Turtle Wax Ice spray detailer when the Meguiers ran out while Clay-barring the truck.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:34 AM
bondslayer
Professional

You are all wrong, using a commercial product yields a commercial appeal, "happy". Using a non commercial product that is recommended by detail professionals, (myself), will juggle your mind.

A menzurna is a great base application, it is very rough and will fill in a lot of surface minutes. Zaino and Gloss-it are the BEST applicants on the market for synthetic and their semi gloss appeal. A Wax has a melting point, around 88 degrees, a synthetic that contains SILICONE and polymers, is a bit different. A vehicle that is older, (8) years, it sees wax once a year if that, a WAX, tropicare, turtle wax, etc will yield a better appearl, as it is thicker and will fill in the voids. A zaino or a full polish will SHOW the voids in the paint and yield less appeal.

To work your paint the best, you want to use menzerna IP for a base , do this 2x. Remove all applications with z6 detail spray. Then use 5 coats of z5 and remove every coat with z6, THEN apply 5 coats of z2-pro and remove with Z8 spray.

If you need buffing, z5 is a thicker compound and capable of this. A clay bar is a good idea to use before hand, and or wet sanding, which you would follow this with z5 and skip the menzerna, followed by the z2. Low speed orbital can be just as effective as high speed, if you know how to work your products.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:43 AM
bondslayer
Professional

For all you fellas that don't believe this. After you wax, take a plastic bag, put your fingers inside it, and feel your paint. All the bumps you feel, is over spray, imperfections etc. Your paint will look smooth, but your "wax" filled in all the impurities. Using a clay or a wet sand will remove these bumps, and a synthetic on a smooth surface, will add that much more appeal, and yield a better affect and outcome, and prolong your application.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:16 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker

Thank you sir. Thats what you do everytime after washing your truck? Wow. I was just asking for a QUICK DETAILER, not a whole weekend workout for the truck. Thank you though bro.