Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

when was the last time you detailed?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 AM
LuxuryDodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when was the last time you detailed?

Me? well about 5mins ago
for a little over 3hours now iv been detailing
1st, using dawn, washed engine bay, washed entire body, took 45mins
2nd, claybared everything, 3hrs
3rd, later, i'll be scratch/swirl removing by hand.
4th, the be cleaner wax
5th, then be nxt gen 2.0 tech wax
6th, BUFFING! and final touchups.
btw ALL by hand!

so ya tell us when the last time you detailed your vehicle and give us some info on what you did
Pics are also welcomed!

well wish me luck on the rest!

Last edited by LuxuryDodge; 07-01-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:23 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The closest I've come to a full detail on the Neon is my usual ~2 hour wash and dry (including the engine bay); dress all trim, the engine bay and tires; and on occasion, wax it with a cleaner wax. I'd like to clay it one of these days, but I think that's about as far as I'm going to go with it since it is my DD that gets tons of miles on it quickly, transports children (hands everywhere, inside and out), hauls stuff around, sits outside 24/7 at the end of a dirt road uncovered and so on. I'd hate to spend all of that time on it, and then have it destroyed a few weeks later. Thoroughly cleaned the inside out just a bit ago, working on the outside later when it cools off a bit.

Can't wait to see pictures of your detail! Being an SUV, that's a lot of work!

Old 07-01-2010, 06:42 PM
LuxuryDodge
Professional

ya i know what you mean, or its just so fun when you take a hour or two and wash the vehicle and then a couple hours later, it rains! yep right now its pouring down rain with the durango out there and the cheapo over i had on flew right off...

but anyhow your neon atleast doesnt look to bad from your sig pic, atleast you wash it and still take care of it. claying will help out sooooo much trust me. ya suv's are hard rofl.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

1995 on my 94 Chevy,lol

Old 07-01-2010, 09:06 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It takes me a hour to JUST wash and dry my Durango. Five to six hours to clay, polish, apply a paint selant, and then a coat of wax. I am going to do that this weekend and I usually do it two to three times a year. I will not be able to move my arms for the next few days after, but it is worth it,
FF

Old 07-02-2010, 12:43 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by LuxuryDodge
ya i know what you mean, or its just so fun when you take a hour or two and wash the vehicle and then a couple hours later, it rains! yep right now its pouring down rain with the durango out there and the cheapo over i had on flew right off...

but anyhow your neon atleast doesnt look to bad from your sig pic, atleast you wash it and still take care of it. claying will help out sooooo much trust me. ya suv's are hard rofl.
It either rains, or my next door neighbor decides to mow his large, 1/2 dirt yard thoroughly with his ride on lawnmower, which with this grass catching attachment thing that has a blower on it too, shoots the dust straight behind it and up into the air. Awesome.

I bought a bit more aggressive clay for it awhile ago, I just haven't taken the time. When I have time, I seem to be too busy dealing with another neighbor's cats using this as their playground/sleeping spot on occasion, therefore, playing the scratch removal game.

It is sitting under two car covers now, so it might be the Neon's time for some lovin' pretty soon. If/when I detail it, it will be a wash (including engine bay, wheel wells, wheels, tires and so on), clay, and probably an AIO via a D/A polisher; something like Meguiar's D151.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Bunky
Rookie

I maintain 3 personal vehicles and do the inlaws when I get a chance.

It takes me a little over an hour to do a complete wash which includes two bucket wash, cleaning/dressing wheels, careful hand dry, cleaning jambs, and then cleaning the windows.

I will usually do a complete detail (paint cleaner, sealant/wax,etc) every 3 to 4 months depending on my mood. This can take 4 or more hours since I end up polishing the chrome, apply dressings on vinyl, etc. If I use my dual action polisher, I have to add taping up the trim as well and that extends into 6 to 8 hrs.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Dark Shadow

about 2mths ago on the shadow, did the jeeps engine compartment when I first got it about a mth ago with some rags and a toothbrush(doesn't leak anything, but couldn't tell it was so grimy in there, doubt dude ever cleaned it). I'm not to big into detailing either one completely just yet though, as I plan to re-do the interiors on both vehicles once I strip out the old carpet, headliners, etc then I'll do a total deep cleaning but for now just basic vacuuming(dry vac) and some armor all for the dash, and tire cleaner.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Dunno207
Professional

Originally Posted by darthroush
It either rains, or my next door neighbor decides to mow his large, 1/2 dirt yard thoroughly with his ride on lawnmower, which with this grass catching attachment thing that has a blower on it too, shoots the dust straight behind it and up into the air. Awesome.

I bought a bit more aggressive clay for it awhile ago, I just haven't taken the time. When I have time, I seem to be too busy dealing with another neighbor's cats using this as their playground/sleeping spot on occasion, therefore, playing the scratch removal game.

It is sitting under two car covers now, so it might be the Neon's time for some lovin' pretty soon. If/when I detail it, it will be a wash (including engine bay, wheel wells, wheels, tires and so on), clay, and probably an AIO via a D/A polisher; something like Meguiar's D151.
Nice car, if it were me i'd be shooting me some cats with a bb gun

Old 09-03-2010, 01:45 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Thank you! She moved out 2 days ago, so no more cats!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: when was the last time you detailed?