Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What's wrong with this truck????

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:38 AM
ionakana
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's wrong with this truck????

I'm looking to buy a new truck. I was looking at 1500 hemis but would love to have a diesel even though I don't have much use for one. I pull a trailer with my Jeep on it maybe 3-4 times a year. I ran across this left over 2010 2500 and can get a deal on it. It's a really nice looking truck but for it to be a leftover 2010 model something has to be wrong for people to keep bypassing it. I hardly know anything about diesels so look it over and give me your opinion.

Thanks in advance!

http://showroom.auction123.com/landm...151137.html#lg

Old 07-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my guess is that since it is extended cab and long bed it's more for someone that's going to use it as a work truck.. but at the same time it's fairly optioned out which means increase in cost. Many work trucks people want just the diesel motor and no other bells/whistles.. keep it as cheap as a CTD can get..

And many people that just want a CTD don't want the extended cab long bed.. would rather have extended short bed or crew short bed.

I think it's just a bit of an oddball and that's why it's still there.. no other issues I would see with it

Old 07-04-2011, 01:09 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The long bed is better for towing, especially 5th wheel/gooseneck, but the fact that it's a 3/4 ton means legally you're really limited on the weight you put in the bed of the truck or on the hitch.

That truck probably weighs close to 7500 pounds with a full tank of gas, so with a gross weight of 8800 pounds you're maxing out the legal payload with 6 200 pound guys and a cooler full of beer, never mind hooking a trailer up to it.

Had I looked at the numbers a bit closer when I was buying my truck, I'd have held out for a 3500. My 86 W250 (that's a 3/4 ton power ram 4x4 for those who aren't 1st gen inclined) had a gross weight of 8510 pounds and a scale weight much closer to 5000 pounds with a full tank, 5" lift & 35" mud tires, and me in it, which means I could haul a yard of gravel in the bed without breaking the law, unlike my 2008 2500.

Why is that one still sitting there? Who knows. Maybe people like shorter length trucks that they can actually fit in a garage?

Quick Reply: What's wrong with this truck????