Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Front end alignment help

Old 06-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Ramguy_04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end alignment help

Guys,for the last couple of years my truck has been pulling to the right and when I left it was still pulling to the right but I attributed it to the sloped hiway.I went back and watched the guy on the machine and he showed me what the book called for and that's what he set it to however,he did adjust it almost out of spec and it drives better but still pulls to the right.
I'm the original owner and never been in a wreck with it nor do I jump ditches,it's seen hiway miles only.Can somebody shed some light and give me some ideas as to what could be wrong ?.
Thanks

The truck is,
04.5 SLT Auto w/Cummins
4 dr long bed

Old 06-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How bad were your *****?

Your balljoints that is. :P

Old 06-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Ramguy_04

The truck has 72k miles on it but I would of thought the front end shop would of checked for any wear before doing an alignment on it.I could be wrong but why try to align a front end if something is worn ?.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Cthulhu
Captain

It depends on how competant they are. As much as it frustrated the heck out of me to have an alignment shop refuse to do an alignment on my truck due to BJ's, I understand the issue with liability. It's the 'right' thing to do..

Now, by telling me that they couldn't do an alignment, it cost them $$ because they couldn't charge me for an alignment, and I did not get them to replace my BJs... They still stuck by their word and I do believe them.

The fact you are at 72,000 miles (~150,000kms right?) and you haven't changed your BJ's, yet, I'd say that's the first thing I'd look at.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Cthulhu
Captain

Curious where you went with this?

I personally recently had my tierods, steering dampner, and ball joints replaced and it drives like a new truck!

Old 08-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Ramguy_04

I took it to a firestone alignment shop then a couple days later I went to another one in a different town.Neither one of them told me anything was worn out but I didn't ask if they had checked since that would be the first thing that should of been done.The last place I took it was,you guessed it,another firestone shop which was way down south.At least that shop had seen where I had been to two other shops so the one doing the alignment wanted to know why and I told him they couldn't correct the problem.He raised the vehicle then tried moving the tire/wheel in different directions,I feel that if he had felt any movement he would of said I had worn parts.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Cthulhu
Captain

Strange.. if I understood your post correctly, the FS dealers confirmed there was no play in your BJ's?

Either you caught a dealer in a lie (your first one) or the other dealers are incompetnant. I'll leave it to you to make that call. Tough one to make.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front end alignment help