Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

test drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
07RamLonestar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default test drive

So about a week ago I went down to Ram dealership and told the salesperson I wanted to look at the new Cummins. So he takes me outside and he's looking down the line and I just watch this guy as he walks down the line checking the model #'s on all the 1500's not knowing the difference between the 1500 and a 3500 which I told him i wanted. Now I can tell these are a lot hemi's from the dual exhaust up under the bumper be he seems to not know. We finally get to some nice 3500's. Then I tell him I need a 4x4. He has to check the tailgate of all the truck to tell ifb it's a 4 wheel or not. I walk down the line In front of the trucks till I see one and wait for him to catch up and tell me that it's 4 wheel drive Im just like ya look through wheel well and see the drive lines and it's a bit higher than the rest of the other ones. He looks back with a confused look on his face and said ya your right. So I start asking him very simple questions for one i asked what size engine is this Cummins he said the 5.9 liter Cummins. I said oh really can I take a look at it so he pops the hood. I look in and asked him if it had a turbo or not. He literally has to look in for a min., see a turbo and say ya it is here's the turbo. Haha then he sees the giant box that says 6.7 l Cummins turbo diesel and said sorry thesis a 6.7 not a 5.9 that's the hemi. At this point I'm dying laughing inside. I look at him with this blank stare and was like can I test drive this baby? so he gets the keys and during this he told me he's been working at this Dodge Jeep Chrysler Ram dealership for 14 yrs. Then he explains to me he's about to buy a Chevy Colorado

Old 09-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol nice..

car salesman don't know sh*t about cars...all they know is how to try and sell something and grab papers from the sales and loan managers lol.

I would look at front axles to tell if its 4x or not...as for if its cummins..badges will be on the door or front fenders saying either cummins or turbo diesel.

and ALL dodge cummins engines have a turbo. turbos are NOT optional lol. D-D-D

as for engine size. well that depends on year...current year model 6.7L go back about 5 years and they are all 5.9L from then till the start of the cummins line.

Quick Reply: test drive