DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Diesel General Discussion (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diesel-general-discussion-149/)
-   -   grim future for the 6.7L trucks.. (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diesel-general-discussion/347280-grim-future-for-the-6-7l-trucks.html)

Jigabop 01-24-2013 07:44 PM

grim future for the 6.7L trucks..

http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress...d!OpenDocument

after that and H&S...The future is not looking good for you guys with the 6.7L engines.

EPA is cracking down hard on any company that makes deletes for 2007 and newer diesels of all makes.

above link is directly from the EPA saying they nailed edge with a $500k fine and has forced them to halt production of all delete tuners and attempt recovery of the already sold tuners.

they aren't f'ing around

we suspect this may be why quadzilla just dropped off the face of the earth without warning this week...fear of also getting hit with an EPA fine and halt order.

only time will tell how this plays out, but if you don't have a delete already, get one NOW! chances are they won't be available anymore from anyone in the very near future..don't wait till your warranty is up...if you got the coin buy one NOW. install it later if you want but get it before its no longer a possibility because that is where we are headed...

just a disclaimer: I have absolutely nothing to gain by telling y'all this..just something I saw come across cumminsforum and figured I would pass the info along. EPA is showing they mean business when it comes to companies selling delete kits for the newer trucks.

horatio102 01-25-2013 01:10 AM

A 6.7 would look real nice under the hood of my 98.

scatpack_69 01-25-2013 02:24 AM

Quad went out of business because the only product they had was the VP Adrenaline; nothing for the 6.7 and the CR Adrenaline is a joke. They failed to diversify and some of their stuff was sketchy, that's why they went out of business

Jigabop 01-25-2013 11:49 AM

they had ford and chevy tuners as well.

kind of a coincidence though that they drop out the same day edge gets slapped with that fine, and they leave with no warning, no going out of business on the website...no website! just there one day, gone the next.

sucks to see them go as the adrenaline was hands down the best tuner for the 24v VP44 trucks...adrenaline is to the vp44 as EFI Live is to the common rails... only tuner that is fully adjustable and customizable to each individual truck. no other tuner for the 24v can do what the adrenaline can do.

its too bad quad didn't expand out, but competition on the other trucks is pretty rough. tough to compete with smarty and EFI Live.

Nate769 01-27-2013 02:15 AM

H&S has already stopped production, and I do beleive Bully has done so as well...

According to the mechanic who did my delete around a month ago, said there were only 70 minimax tuners left in alberta, where 500 where just ordered 2 weeks prior to that. He was only allowed to buy 10, which I suspect are probably already sold by now...I am just glad that this province does not have any rules...yet...

The problem that I see in all these regulations is they don't look at all in whats going in the truck in first place, all they look at is whats coming out the pipes. I have done the delete myself, and this "CLOUD" of billowing black smoke is non-existent. IF I run my truck on "HOT" and put the pedal down, I get a little "poof" and then nothing more. Anyone around here knows all that is turbo lag. It could potentially happen even without a tuner.

Not to mention, the amount of materials that are needed to produce the equipment to filter out the PM, outways it anyways IMO. Rumors that I have heard is it costs Ram, 7 grand to put just the filter and the EGR on. This is just parts, that does not included the power for the plant used to create the equipment. Not to mention the fact that they have platinum in there, which is a very expensive non-renewable resource. AND the added diesel your gonna use to run the truck.

I hear of some guys here locally that hate it when their truck goes into regen. The truck has hardly any power whatsoever, and they say the MPG drop is like 5 MPG. Sometimes they are regenerating every week. Of course that is in winter, and idling lots. How much added fuel are they using to burn off the stuff they trapped? They say the exhaust gasses are 1110 degrees. Well according to my pyro, which is around 800 average. I am not too far off from that. So whats the difference between me burning my gasses off almost instantly then storing it, then burning it off?

They never look at that IMO. Same with electric cars, ya they are way better for the environment while they are driving. But how much fuel does it burn to create the power to charge the car, and what do you do with the batteries after 5 years of use?

I am still not at all sold on this urea system either. I have heard from my buddy, that with the urea you are able to get huge power with next to no emmisions out of this system. They say you can breath the air out of the tailpipe, and it will be cleaner air that that of new york. I just hear horror stories of people stranded because the system failed, or they didn't refuel their tanks. This system still has the cooler and the DPF, so apparently they are still using them for money grabs.

Sorry, thats my rant. I am fairly new to the diesel world with my own personal pickup. I have been following it for a few years now, but now much more closely. My truck was JUNK until I pulled that system off. I went from 14MPG pulling, to 20MPG pulling (No lie) As said before I don't billow black smoke, nor don't have a need to. But before I was dumping ALMOST double the fuel in, and had a gutless piece of junk. Yet machinery, and powerplants are still burning day and night. Tractors that are 20 years old produce more fumes then I do, yet why doesn't the EPA tackle them?

scatpack_69 01-27-2013 06:52 PM

H&S is up and running with their new street tuners.

Bullydog...meh no one cares about the junk they make. They got out of any kind of 6.7 tuning long ago.

V10Rampower 02-04-2013 03:33 PM

gonna have to buy a new ram and drop a 5.9 24v under the hood

Jigabop 02-04-2013 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by scatpack_69 (Post 2953953)
H&S is up and running with their new street tuners.

Bullydog...meh no one cares about the junk they make. They got out of any kind of 6.7 tuning long ago.

HS makes tunes again for the 6.7L yes, BUT notice that there is no mention of deletes?! they took the delete features out of the programmers. as in no more deletes for the 6.7L so still a grim future. I will stick with my trusty 5.9L :D

scatpack_69 02-04-2013 07:13 PM

Right, there are no deletes. I suspect most guys will get the H&S and use exhaust sims to delete.

Only way to get a delete file is to submit a letter to the EPA (NOT H&S) outlining basically that it's a race-only, non-registered truck. Then you get a letter ok'ing the delete tune which then gets sent to H&S and...yeah, what a pain in the arse

Nate769 02-09-2013 06:19 PM

This is one of the reasons why I am not sure if I want to update my programmer or not!

There are 2 versions ahead of mine, but I just really don't want to see H&S incorporate that idea in an update...