Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Can anyone help me???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 11:01 AM
conrad72417
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Can anyone help me???

I have a problem with my dodge, and no one so far knows what it is. Here's the situation. I have a 2nd gen Dodge Ram 2500 w/ 5.9 Cummins. About 5 months ago, when I would stay at a pace of 45-50 mph, the rpm's would flutter, hiccup, or jump. which ever you call it. I cleaned the battery cables and posts, And fixed for a month or so, and started back up., doing the same old thing. I changed the Fuel Filter, and that only fixed it for another week or so. So I took it to a tranny shop, and they said it was the transmission. (the truck had 190k mi), They dropped it, and it was pretty burnt. About to go out, per say. So I took a loan out, and bought a rebuilt one. w/ torque converter, etc. That seemed to have fixed it until about a week later. Started to buck and jump rpm's when kept in that range. So I took it to a mechanic, and he said "its the crank and cam sensors". So I went out and put new sensors in it. DIDN'T help at all. Fed up with everyone telling me different solutions, I took it to the DODGE dealership. They said and I quote "We have no idea. We would just start to replace things until it stopped". They did inform me that is wasn't a transmission problem. (Which it better not of been since THAT had been replaced.)

Now for the kicker in all of this. What I have been doing that seems to help the most, is every day while I'm here at work, I will unhook both battery's from the cables, and let it sit with no connection. And believe it or not, That works for a while. But every day when I get close to home, It starts up again.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me I'm not the ONLY Cummin's Owner that is having or had this problem!!!! NO ONE ELSE KNOWS, SO PLEASE HELP!

Thanks, I appreciate any information that comes about.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:04 PM
tincan57
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you need a heart to heart with your tranny guy.........K.