Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

P2000 Eng Code 2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:59 AM
Brad7486
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry P2000 Eng Code 2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel

I have a 2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Turbo Cummings Diesel that I recently bought from the dealer. 2nd day I had it the engine light comes on. Go blow it out they said, it's been on the lot 45 days without running. 2 weeks later, engine light comes on again same code, P2000. They replaced one of the O2 sensors. 2 weeks later, light comes on again, they replaced EGR valve, 2 weeks later, light on again, they replaced another sensor. They did this until all the sensors have been replaced. There has been other codes every two weeks; but the majority of them have been P2000. They replaced the module for the O2 sensors, cleaned the air vent tube for something, they blew soot all over my truck. But every two weeks this engine light comes on and they say it's another code; but when I check it at home it's P2000. It's been almost a year now, every two weeks that they take it in and reset the code and 'work' on it. Thank God the OSI warranty takes care of it. But I'm getting fed up. I'm retired and I'm ready to hit the road on vacation and afraid to.
Any suggestions I can tell the 'mechanic' so he can fix this problem would be appreciated.