Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

water leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:23 PM
fyr85ftr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leak

I own a 2007 caliber. wife loves the car. problem water leaks, soaks right side floor only.been to dealer 3 times. most recent time says he found a kink in the sunroof drain hose. rained again and i had to get out the water vac again. anyone with anything similar

Old 02-14-2008, 05:22 PM
somenothingness
Professional
Default RE: water leak

Just throwing this out there. Neighbor has a G6 GT with sunroof. It leaked, found out the drain hose was clogged.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:34 PM
onephatcracka
Rookie

they have an issue with the heater box getting clogged with leaves because there is no screen above the heater box. that then in turn clogs the drain which is located under the center of the vehicle right at the firewall. there is a TSB out there to un clog it and install a plastic screen.

i hope that helps

Old 02-24-2008, 02:42 AM
whitney353

I am having the exact same problem!!! Unfortunately though, we have below freezing weather so my entire passenger side floorboard (front and rear) has been a complete block of ice for the past month. the dealership has had my vehicle now for 2 weeks and has even taken the chairs out and the dash out in order to find the leak. The dealership claimed at first it was a leak in the windshield seal and then a leaky seal under the car.Obviouslyneither were the case.Besides the clogged drain, are there any other suggestions?

Old 02-24-2008, 08:03 AM
bigtsr
Captain

I am a member of several Caliber forums and several of them have
extensive info re water leaks by members who have gone thru the
problems.
I would suggest you try CALIBERFORUMSdotCOM and CALIBERFORUMZdotCOM.
Water penatration has been reported mainly re sunroof drainage and at points
where the front fender assys join to the passenger cabin where poor sealant/
water sealers application has proved to be the culprit.
One of members even posted pics of where the problem areas were located.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:48 AM
tazzer
Default Wet Carpets

I just found out that my caliber has a body seam leak below the windshield which I at first thought it was a windshield seal leak after having my windshield replaced. The dealership that fixed my car in the beginning fixed it at no charge (even though they had no responsiblities to do so). The said they sealed it and rerouted the water but it rained and my passenger carpets were wet again. Now I am going through a dodge dealership here and see if there is a good fix for this problem.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:06 AM
rob tomp
Default water leak

I have a 2007 caliber. It puddles water in the floor baords of the driver side rear. Took it the service department in Chilliwack BC Canada they did nothing. It seems there are others out there with the same problem yet dodge doesn't acknoledge it. Because I live in Canada it will freeze this winter.What do you do? Glad its a lease. They can have there crap car back.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:01 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Maybe you should try a different dealership. May be a simple windshield leak or one of the other issues mentioned above. Our 09 has been trouble free.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Cp49ers
Default Passenger Rear Water leak

I have a 2007 Caliber 21k miles. My passenger rear is filling with water every time I drive with the ac on. The water is coming from beside the passenger rear door, and only when Im driving. I have ran car for a hr with ac on without driving and nothing. But If driving I will have a puddle within 10 miles. It seems to be worse if its raining then I end up with passenger rear and front wet. But defiantly happening without rain. The spot the water starts from is really throwing me. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Old 08-06-2011, 01:43 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've seen water coming thru the fender/side view mirror area on Caliber, might be a good place to look into.

Quick Reply: water leak