Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Dodge caliber radio + amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Indigo*tech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge caliber radio + amplifier

Hey guy's, I have 1 question. I have 2007 Dodge caliber, the radio is stock as well as all speakers. I was wondering if there is any chance to connect amplifier to that stock radio? I'm thinking about subwoofer and some better speakers.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:44 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

It is possible. Need a wiring diagram to identify the speaker wires and use the high level (speaker level) speaker inputs to the amp, then the speaker wires to the amp outputs. Maybe some kind of adapter (line out converter) out there that would convert the high level to RCA for you. Sub may be difficult as your stock radio does not have provisions for subwoofer.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Indigo*tech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it looks like serious thing. I was thinking to chage stock radio to simple palyer, but there would be lot of free space, which is not attractive.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:29 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Maybe you can find a Caliber in a salvage yard that has the MusicGate system like our 09. It has 9 speakers, including a Boston Acoustic subwoofer in the right read side of the hatch area. It also consist of a 468 watt amplifier. It sounds pretty darn good.

Quick Reply: Dodge caliber radio + amplifier