Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

07 Caliber Complex Keyless Entry Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 03:08 PM
AshGurl91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 07 Caliber Complex Keyless Entry Issues

on my 07 Caliber. I have an issue with what seems like my keyless entry. when i am in range for the remote to work, my lights will start flashing as if i have unlocked it. I have not pushed the unlock button and nothing unlocks. the "hazard lights" flash in sync on the dash like with you unlock it.

If they keys are not in range it will not do it. It's intermittent on frequently they will flash. once i put the keys in the ignition, it will not flash no matter how long i sit there with it off and pulled out enough the sensor not activated.

This has been happening since 5/9/2016.

Sometimes this occurs my lock/Unlock/panic buttons will not work on the car, even standing next to the door, and sometimes it will work like normal but flashing.

Some suggested i reset the relay fuse, i cannot figure out which one it is.
Some suggested i get a replacement remote.
Some suggested the issue is module communication.

Before i spend a ton of money on a mechanic and key, i wanted to see if anyone else has This issue and what they did to fix it. Or if anyone has any suggestions.

*Note: i've notice the more i move the remote(I.e. lanyard) the more frequent it flashed while i walk up to it. If it's in my purse or directly in my hand with little movement, it flashes less. I do not have a spare key to test.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:48 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome to the forum. Have you tried a new battery in the remote? It sounds like the problem is in the remote and sometimes electronics do weird stuff when the voltage is low.

Quick Reply: 07 Caliber Complex Keyless Entry Issues