Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2009 dodge caliber -Throttle light

Old 01-13-2017, 06:46 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It could be something as simple as a dirty throttlebody, or numerous other things. Carbon can build up on the back side of the throttle blade and can cause the blade to stick closed or partially open, especially when cold, which could cause the high rpm code, since the PCM can't close the blade far enough. I haven't cleaned the one on our 09 Caliber yet, so I don't know how much of a PITA it is to get too. You can barely see it from the top. I clean the one on my Hemi in my 08 Ram every 30K miles when I change the spark plugs.

Last edited by lxman1; 01-13-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:15 AM
jcotts
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
Oh geebus you poor human!

Those guys luuuv junk parts. Not saying this is the case, but.....

I get cars from there that they can't fix quite often. They are some dooozeez I tell yaa

thats what i thought, but the one that fixed on my car is not there any more which is looking more funny to me. But I'm thinking about taking it to a dodge dealer for them to look at it.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:17 AM
jcotts

Originally Posted by lxman1
It could be something as simple as a dirty throttlebody, or numerous other things. Carbon can build up on the back side of the throttle blade and can cause the blade to stick closed or partially open, especially when cold, which could cause the high rpm code, since the PCM can't close the blade far enough. I haven't cleaned the one on our 09 Caliber yet, so I don't know how much of a PITA it is to get too. You can barely see it from the top. I clean the one on my Hemi in my 08 Ram every 30K miles when I change the spark plugs.
well the throttle was taken off and was not dirty but the blade is not shutting fully. But nothing is found. Im being told that it must have something to do with the computer?

Old 01-17-2017, 01:08 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jcotts
thats what i thought, but the one that fixed on my car is not there any more which is looking more funny to me. But I'm thinking about taking it to a dodge dealer for them to look at it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good business model. By that I mean they keep the warranty in-house and it's sort of included with your payment. It's a good thing for people who can't by somewhere else. However, they do go on the cheap most times with repairs and usually end up shipping difficult issues to dealers or good independents.

I would lie to be able to se the scan report on your car, but I doubt it exists yet. The dealer will be able to print you one while they're doing an initial diagnosis.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:20 PM
nilmar
Default 2009 Dodge Caliber Throttle light

Hello, do you have an update with your Throttle Light?
I also have a 2009 Dodge Caliber with the Throttle light on (out of warranty), had the Throttle body replaced but after 3 weeks of driving it, the same problem is occurring. The car stalls and stops while driving it, and the throttle light and check engine light comes on. The Dodge dealership replaced the battery first, so I know is not the battery, several other relys have also been replaced. The Throttle body was the last part that was replaced, now a friend that is a mechanic is trying to help and he says to try replacing the Map Sensor, if that does not work then try replacing the PCM and if that does not fix it try replacing the TIPM. The dealership told me since my car is out of warranty they recommended replacing the TIPM but they could not warranty that would solve the problem. I do not mean to steal your post, but I am new to the forum, and thought of keeping Throttle light problems in the same place. Thank you in advance for any help.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:20 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by nilmar
Hello, do you have an update with your Throttle Light?
I also have a 2009 Dodge Caliber with the Throttle light on (out of warranty), had the Throttle body replaced but after 3 weeks of driving it, the same problem is occurring. The car stalls and stops while driving it, and the throttle light and check engine light comes on. The Dodge dealership replaced the battery first, so I know is not the battery, several other relys have also been replaced. The Throttle body was the last part that was replaced, now a friend that is a mechanic is trying to help and he says to try replacing the Map Sensor, if that does not work then try replacing the PCM and if that does not fix it try replacing the TIPM. The dealership told me since my car is out of warranty they recommended replacing the TIPM but they could not warranty that would solve the problem. I do not mean to steal your post, but I am new to the forum, and thought of keeping Throttle light problems in the same place. Thank you in advance for any help.

What codes are setting now?

Old 01-22-2017, 07:12 PM
jcotts

Originally Posted by TNtech
What codes are setting now?
yes, i am still having that problem but lately i was just told to check the pedal sensor and the rpm sensor and clean them and put them back in. So im going to try that and go from there.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:19 PM
nilmar

Sorry about the delay, I had to borrow the code reader from a friend. It now gives me codes P0171 System to Lean Engine position Bank 1, P000B Engine Position System Performance Bank 2, and P0105 Manifold Absolute Pressure BARO Circuit. I am buying the MAP sensor and will have my mechanic friend replace it first. Hope this fixes the issue.

Search this Thread