Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

caliber from hell

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 07:09 PM
92DakotaClub
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default caliber from hell

okay now that my parents were just given a fairly new car, she handed me the caliber to replace my aging 99 neon haha .. this thing ive been plagued with issues , from more codes then my scanner can read lol.. was just corroded com line.. makes sence.. bad grounds bad wiring BAD FRIGGEN CAR the neon was better lol... anyway to make **** short my real issue and trust me ive dealt with blown head gaskets and everything under the sun, ive owned 4 neons and a few k cars, but what I got is I'm loosing pressure in coolant system with tester, with it running I'm loosing antifreeze at roughly equivalent of 100ml per 10km's of driving .. outside engine is dryer then a nun's**** nothing leaking, nothing in transmission, nothing , in engine oil, just had it changed to verify, but even so the oil cap was clean, and plugs are brown, no white or sweet smell in exhaust , no smell inside cab either(owned a few jeeps been there) lol so were the crap is it going someone stealing the coolant instead of gas? LOL dealer is at a total loss that they didn't even charge me for diagnosing cause they had no luck finding anything cept that pressure drops with tester (tried 3 different ones) ..

anything I may have missed? before I let the wiring take over and burn it down lol

Old 12-26-2017, 03:47 PM
cdnmopar88@yahoo.ca
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sounds like quite the fluid loss i would do a compression test to see if there is any major differences in cylinder pressure before i did anything else. if there are no apparent leaks it has to be going somewhere.

Old 09-09-2020, 01:42 PM
John Galt
Amateur

Originally Posted by 92DakotaClub
...I'm loosing antifreeze at roughly equivalent of 100ml per 10km's of driving .. outside engine is dryer then a nun's**** nothing leaking, nothing in transmission, nothing , in engine oil, just had it changed to verify, but even so the oil cap was clean, and plugs are brown, no white or sweet smell in exhaust , no smell inside cab either(owned a few jeeps been there) lol so were the crap is it going someone stealing the coolant instead of gas? LOL dealer is at a total loss that they didn't even charge me for diagnosing cause they had no luck finding anything cept that pressure drops with tester (tried 3 different ones) ..
I'm in the same boat with my 07 Caliber R/T track car. Did you find the problem? Head gasket?

Old 09-10-2020, 08:15 AM
92DakotaClub
Veteran

Originally Posted by John Galt
I'm in the same boat with my 07 Caliber R/T track car. Did you find the problem? Head gasket?
nope never did find the issue .. after leak down tests compression and just kept driving it eventually it fixed itself? Parents finally got another vehicle .. Chevy sonic and well guess what ... chasing same friggen issue lol but finally found it in that car and it’s was still covered under power train warranty lol

Old 09-10-2020, 02:04 PM
John Galt
Amateur

Good news on the Sonic!

My Caliber is way out of warranty and has seen much abuse on the track, but I'm hoping it is just a head gasket...that would be relatively easy.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:23 AM
92DakotaClub
Veteran

Originally Posted by John Galt
Good news on the Sonic!

My Caliber is way out of warranty and has seen much abuse on the track, but I'm hoping it is just a head gasket...that would be relatively easy.

well the sonic is just as bad as the caliber was so far always something broken.. lol anyway usually head gasket you would have that sweet smell from the exhaust... Not always white smoke tho ... can always do a leak down test like I had done and compression test and so fourth . Sometimes pulling the plugs can find a soaked plug.. looking on top of pistons aswell since in my history of dodge k car headgakets and I’ve done to many to count. Usually top of piston tends to be cleaner then the rest from the antifreeze.. or in case of my old dodge shadow I melts the cylinder head between #2/3 cylinders but that was 20 years ago .. and it died I. A poof of white smoke lol

sorry for lack of proper grammar hard to type on stupid phone ..

first time seeing a caliber as a track car .. around here they use the first gen neons a lot. 👍

Quick Reply: caliber from hell