Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Running Hot

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 04:45 PM
warptek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Running Hot

Hi everyone.

Have a slight problem with my 07 Caliber 2.0. I recently performed some work on the engine, i.e. new timing chain, new water pump, new pulleys, serp belt, etc... new cooling hoses as well. Having just recently gotten this car back on the road and bleeding the cooling system of all air the engine seems to run a bit hot. The temp needle is always hovering right around dead middle. Shouldn't it be about 1/3 of the way up? Replaced both thermostats as well and they appear to be opening at the correct time. Fans also come on at the correct time. The only thing different I filled it with Autozone any color coolant which is neon green instead of the more expensive Mopar branded HOAT which is amber in color. My question is will this engine run hotter if you don't use the Mopar HOAT or does it matter at all? If this isn't the issue then what else could it be? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Running Hot