Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2007 Dodge Caliber Rear toe links

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 06:11 PM
topfuool
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Dodge Caliber Rear toe links

Hi, I was told I need these replaced. Is it a job I can do myself and get it close enough to get to the alignment shop.? I have built a few street rods and have all the tools I think I need but it's been more than a few years and I'm no spring chicken any more. But living on SS alone makes it really tough paying todays labor charges. I just had to have the sub frame replaced because that was out of my lifting strength and being a northern car it was at a point of being dangerous. That was a big $ hit and have to try the rear toe links myself if it's possible. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Top

Old 09-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Cutty Sark

I did this a couple years ago - also no spring chicken. The cam adjustments are too small to keep you from driving to an alignment shop. Just mark/note the current positions and get as close as you can.

• Use lots of penetrant and give it plenty of time to work
• Do not let the (inner) cam bolt turn- Hold it stationary while you remove the nut. Then try to bash the bolt straight out.

My cam nuts were stripped and the cam bolts were seized to the bushings - had to saw the bolts off to get the old links out (life in New England). So you may want to have a reciprocating saw or angle grinder available. The outer bolts/nuts were no trouble at all.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:53 AM
topfuool
Amateur

Thank you very much. Will give it a shot. TOP{

Quick Reply: 2007 Dodge Caliber Rear toe links