Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

A few minor issues, not sure if they are related.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:46 AM
Jdixon2121982
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few minor issues, not sure if they are related.

So I noticed about a week ago that there was water dripping into the floor area under the dash of my 2011 Dodge caliber. Slightly on the driver's side but quite a bit on the passenger side. Now we had a few days of heavy rain, so I sorta chalked it up to that and thought no more of it. Two days ago I went to turn on my air conditioner and my blower fan didn't come on. I could feel cold air but it just wasn't blowing. Today I tried it again and it came on when I first started the car with a bit of a weird noise, but then about 20 min into driving I tried again and nothing. There are no bells or whistles lit up or going off and it's not driving any different, and when I looked it up it says it could be anywhere from minor to something alittle more costly. Any ideas as to what it could or might be?

Old 09-19-2018, 11:53 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

What exactly are you wanting help with? Dripping water or a malfunctioning HVAC blower? Your post kinda just wanders.....

Old 09-19-2018, 01:06 PM
Jdixon2121982
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
What exactly are you wanting help with? Dripping water or a malfunctioning HVAC blower? Your post kinda just wanders.....
Well my question was could they be related, meaning there was a bigger problem than just unclogging the drain for the AC and finding the problem for the blower. They just seemed to happen all at the same time and I didn't know if there was something more I should be looking at.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:29 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

I would start by unclogging the drain and then inspect the blower and blower motor. Might require some disassembly of the dash to get to it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A few minor issues, not sure if they are related.