DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Caliber (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caliber-95/)
-   -   New Caliber Purchasing (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caliber/48326-new-caliber-purchasing.html)

VulnoX 02-13-2006 02:23 PM

RE: New Caliber Purchasing

Mine has been on order for about a month now, and should be coming in soon. I am still up in the air though about getting a Dodge, which is no offense to the company, its just that I have only ever driven Ford's, and never had a single problem, so the change to a different manufac, especially with a first year vehicle, is scary!

If all else fails, I will fall back to a Fusion or Milan, but right now I need something that gets good gas mileage and can get through the snow.

I ordered an R/T AWD
Every option except radio upgrades and leather seats (Leather seats are terrible to have in MI, and I want the Aux in which is for some reason only available on the low end radio...)

shiltz 02-13-2006 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: nicks2kes

learn to drive stick...
No thanks, I can't stand manuals, they are nothing but a hastle, auto's are so much more enjoyable to drive imo, i'd much rather new technology like an auto CVT over old manual technology, having to manualy shift in a new car to me is like having to stick my arm out the window to signal a turn.

nickoman01 02-13-2006 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: nicks2kes

learn to drive stick...
umm yeah i know how to drive a stick, and thats why i don't like it. it is unnecessary and annoying to have to deal with. it is a hassle to say the least. i don't care if i loss .1 seconds 0-60, the convenience of an auto is worth it and much more.

as for the caliber if i wreck my intrepid i might lease one with the insurance money.

ViperGTS 02-13-2006 10:04 PM

it is unnecessary and annoying to have to deal with. it is a hassle to say the least. i don't care if i loss .1 seconds 0-60, the convenience of an auto is worth it and much more.
I agree with Nick. Automatics are so much better then shifting all the time. Plus they are getting to the point where some are just as reliable as a manual or they get near the same mpg.

-Matt-

DodgeInfoCenter 02-17-2006 02:37 PM

MidnightBlueNeon … I’m with ya! [sm=smiley1.gif] I’m excited for the Dodge Caliber SRT4 version as well. Patiently waiting … unfortunately at this point, production time is TBD!

Congrat’s VulnoX … I’m sure you'll be satisfied with your Dodge! [sm=smiley20.gif] Let me be the first to welcome you!
lol ... There have been no complaints … [sm=smiley2.gif]

Kelly S

VulnoX 02-17-2006 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: DodgeInfoCenter

MidnightBlueNeon … I’m with ya! [sm=smiley1.gif] I’m excited for the Dodge Caliber SRT4 version as well. Patiently waiting … unfortunately at this point, production time is TBD!

Congrat’s VulnoX … I’m sure you'll be satisfied with your Dodge! [sm=smiley20.gif] Let me be the first to welcome you!
lol ... There have been no complaints … [sm=smiley2.gif]

Kelly S
Thanks for the welcome, our Dealer salesman said the car would be in in 2-3 weeks, which was about 2 weeks ago, so he is either talking out his tailpipe, or I should be getting a call soon. I will post pics as soon as it comes in though! I still have not test driven the vehicle, I wish some Dodge dealer would get one in so I could see if I liked it or not.

Btman 02-18-2006 11:48 PM

I just saw several Calibers at the Chicago Auto Show. The SXT is on my short list of potential cars. I really like the features, look and versatility of this vehicle. I hope it wont be like the Neon was in my area. It always appeared to be virtually impossible to find SXTs with 5 speed manuals on dealer lots. I am probably a year, maybe less, from purchasing a car so I have time to do more research.

jam1on1 02-19-2006 07:08 PM

i ordered my rt the day it was ok to order by dealer car was on hold for three weeks then went to d status put still not being built sounds like bad buisness to me

MtDewDad 02-20-2006 12:53 AM

Well, after seeing SEVERAL cars at the Chicago Auto Show, I finally found a replacement for my almost 10 year old Nissan. For ME, I am looking for a very decent priced compact (sort of) car, good power, and AMERICAN. I think I found it. Has good room inside for a small car. I'm 6ft and I was amazed at the room in the back seat. The other small cars don't even compare.....Corolla, Sentra, Cobalt....NONE!! I just want to wait a few months to see the REAL reviews from you guys who DO buy it!

srtommy 02-20-2006 01:14 PM

We had a Caliber clinic here last week and got to drive the Calibers. It is really weird when you see the tach go down but you don't feel the typical jerking of the transmission like the usual trannys.