DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Caliber (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caliber-95/)
-   -   No tach in the Caliber! What gives? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caliber/50458-no-tach-in-the-caliber-what-gives.html)

QuickSilver05 02-28-2006 06:22 PM

No tach in the Caliber! What gives?

In the Caliber that I drove, as well as in all the pics I have seen, there have been no tachometers. What gives? Will there be on in the production cars?

Midnight SRT 02-28-2006 07:04 PM

RE: No tach in the Caliber! What gives?

Well maybe it's just the SE's... as the Neon SE's didn't have tach's either...

Also, maybe that the exact reason for not having a tach in the SXT you drove... "pre production"... I can't see an SXT not having a tach, as it is supposed to be the model with all the features...

But who knows... let me ask you this... What's the point of having a tachometer in an atuomatic? Besides the obvious reason that if the it's reving high, somethings wrong. (I'd imagine you could hear that it's reving high.

04StratusR/T 02-28-2006 10:09 PM

The posters and pamphlets that I got from the Dodge dealer all show a tach in the dash. I like midnight said, only the SE does not include a tach in it. Both the SXT and R/T have Tachs.

DodgeInfoCenter 03-01-2006 03:43 PM

Hi … :)
04StratusR/T, you are correct! The SE models do not have the RPM tachometers available. You do need to upgrade to the SXT or the R/T model to have this feature on the instrument panel.
Hope this helps … ;)

Kelly S

04StratusR/T 03-01-2006 10:19 PM

I find that odd as the SE comes with a manual transmission (as long as you keep the standard 1.8 liter) and having a tach with a manual trans is very handy. I haven't seen very many cars with a manual that don't have a tach (not that I go out looking for any).

The Burning Rom 03-01-2006 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 04StratusR/T
I find that odd as the SE comes with a manual transmission (as long as you keep the standard 1.8 liter) and having a tach with a manual trans is very handy. I haven't seen very many cars with a manual that don't have a tach (not that I go out looking for any).
It might just have upshift and downshift lights. Early 1st generation W-body Grand Prixs with the standard dashes only had shift lights IIRC.

Midnight SRT 03-02-2006 12:13 PM

My Neon SE is a manual and I have no tach... I have no problem shifting... It's about sound and the feel of the car... You youshift every day looking at the tach, you don't need to be driving a manual... Only thing a tach is good for is racing....

QuickSilver05 03-02-2006 08:54 PM

Well, that's a relief, LOL. At least you can get one with the SXT and RT. Personally, I think having a manual without a tach would feel just a tad weird, just for the fact that you never know for sure where you are.