DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Caliber (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caliber-95/)
-   -   Caution - Not for weak stomachs - Update #3 (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caliber/62362-caution-not-for-weak-stomachs-update-3-a.html)

GypsyBill 06-28-2006 02:45 PM

RE: Caution - Not for weak stomachs - Update

ORIGINAL: mahal3680

ORIGINAL: GypsyBill

Well I spoke to soon about the paint being a "perfect" match... while it is the correct color, it lacks the pearl (sparkles) that the original has... sooooooooooooo it is back to the bodyshop to see what they are going to do about a better match... this car is too new for this mis-match..
I take it this wasn't noticed til after you took the car back from the bodyshop? What kind of bodyshop did you bring it to that would mis-match a color? Theres a big difference between pearl coat and non pearl coat, wouldn't you think? Talk about very unprofessional on their part...[:-]
Yep, my fault in not looking at the car INSIDE their shop... outside in the bright sunlight I really didn't notice the lack of pearl coat (and being just happy to get the car back)... once in the shade at home I noticed the problem.. yes, I think they should (and probably do) know the difference and either underbid the job based on non pearl coat Inferno Red or are trying to slip one by me.. either way I will be back on their doorstep at lunch today.. just hope they are not going to fight me on this... I hate getting lawyers involved because then only the lawyers win.

GypsyBill 06-28-2006 04:47 PM

RE: Caution - Not for weak stomachs - Update #3

Color me embarassed... the paint dude at the bodyshop pointed out the rear bumper as the same color as the newly painted front bumper.. just ever so slightly darker making the pearl coat a little harder to see... my excuse for the previous rant is my love of the car and my piss-poor eyesight... (being a pessimists doesn't help)...[&o]

TUNDRA_schumacher 06-28-2006 06:51 PM

It happens :D

FtK Shadow 06-28-2006 07:15 PM

Metal Flake colors are the hardest to match. The body shop I use does not order the factory paint because they say they can match the paint better with custom colors, they say the factory paint will not match. They use Sikkens paint, but they do say that matching the exact amount of metal flake is the hardest part, and is very evident if they don't match correctly. I had a new hood put on my truck and luckily when I had it done, they had an SRT-10 in the same Bright Silver of my truck that they had mixed paint for, and it came out perfect. When they did my hood, they wanted to blend the paint into the fenders to just make sure it looked good, but I did not want them to mess with the fenders but it came out great, you can't tell the difference.

Good Luck

Mike