Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Ask a Dodge Salesman thread...

Old 07-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Matt@Ertley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ask a Dodge Salesman thread...

Hi, all. My name's Matt, and I'm a Dodge Sales Consultant at Ertley Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler in Moosic, Pa. I'd like to lend my services to everyone if they have any questions about current 2006 or future Dodge/Chrysler models. I'll do my best to answer any questions that you all may have. I'm new to this forum, but not new to Dodge cars or car message boards. I'm a Volkswagen guy, actually. Anyway, fire away!

Old 07-17-2006, 08:48 PM
skjones007
Default RE: Ask a Dodge Salesman thread...

i have been thinking about buying a dodge 2500/3500 to pull a fifth wheel camper. i have been a chevy man till now. i have ran into several folks who have had transmission and rear-end trouble in their dodge truck. is there a wide spread problem??

Old 07-17-2006, 08:58 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

Thought I'd let you know this is the DODGE CALIBER forum. There is a forum specifically for the Dodge Ram, might want to do a search there.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Matt@Ertley

In my time as a Dodge salesman, and a short stint in the past as a Dodge truck enthusiast, I haven't heard of any common issues with the transmissions or the rear in any model. If you could go into a little bit more detail, I can take a look and see if there are any known issues. Every type of vehicle will have it's few cars/trucks that have issues towing. My mother has a 2004 or 2005 Ford Explorer and has had constant trouble with the transmission and axles while towing a trailer 1,200lbs less than the recommended towing capacity. Like I said, if you can get me some more details, I'll check for open recalls, or known issues with our service department. Thanks!

Keepem' coming!

Old 07-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Matt@Ertley

We're all one big group, here, right? I'm open to answer ANY question about ANY Dodge vehicle. I posted here because the Caliber is the new hot vehicle on the market. That doesn't mean that the other models don't have potential buyers with concerns about reliability or durability.

Keepem' coming!

Old 07-17-2006, 10:38 PM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain

We would rather you stay on the Caliber in this section. You're more than welcome to post in the other sections to deal with other specific Daimlers.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:46 PM
ktoliver

I am planning to order a Caliber within the next few weeks. A few questions:

1) The website "build your Caliber" link has not always been accurate as far as options. If the color "Light Khaki Metallic" is selected, are you forced to buy the leather interior or can it be ordered with the beige interior?

2) Is the FWD option for thr R/T model being accepted on orders at this time?

3) Is it true that since the Caliber is selling well that dealerships cannot submit a custom order from a client to the factory (they would have to sit on it) if their alottment numbers don't support it?

4) I have seen a few posts that dealerships are not accepting orders; is there any truth to that?

5) Any info on when the turbocharged 2.4 will be released and whether the original 22/28 MPG expectations will still apply?

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Matt@Ertley

ORIGINAL: ktoliver

I am planning to order a Caliber within the next few weeks. A few questions:

1) The website "build your Caliber" link has not always been accurate as far as options. If the color "Light Khaki Metallic" is selected, are you forced to buy the leather interior or can it be ordered with the beige interior?

2) Is the FWD option for thr R/T model being accepted on orders at this time?

3) Is it true that since the Caliber is selling well that dealerships cannot submit a custom order from a client to the factory (they would have to sit on it) if their alottment numbers don't support it?

4) I have seen a few posts that dealerships are not accepting orders; is there any truth to that?

5) Any info on when the turbocharged 2.4 will be released and whether the original 22/28 MPG expectations will still apply?

Thanks!
1) Some vehicle colors will be automatically matched with specific interior colors. They come from the factory as such.
2) Not to my knowledge. I'll have to check into that one.
3) Right now we're not ordering any specified vehicles for customers. Essentially, what we're getting (Which is limited) is what we get.
4) We'll accept any Caliber that comes on a truck or posted to our dealership.
5) The MPG on the turbo engine will ultimately be the same. Not exactly, don't quote me on that. Traditionally, turbo charged vehicles are said to get not so great gas mileage, which I chalk up to the cars being driven harder.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ktoliver

We will know that before him...

Old 08-07-2006, 10:59 PM
AndyLand

Hi, I just went to the Dodge dealership and test drove an SXT. I am looking to order myself an R/T in orange with the musicgate and alarm system. The dealer was useless as to a timeframe (which I suppose is understandable). But does anyone here have any useful information. I read in one of the other topics about different dealers having different wait times, how would I find this out. Also does anyone know which options may or may not make it take longer? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really want a caliber now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ask a Dodge Salesman thread...