DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Caliber (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caliber-95/)
-   -   Ordering? waiting? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caliber/69202-ordering-waiting.html)

damitch 08-11-2006 04:32 PM

Ordering? waiting?

It seems a lot of people are ordering/waiting for their caliber. I'm in NC and the two dealers nearest me have several in stock. I have wanted one since the intro but my wife wasn't sold on it. Two days ago she test drove an R/T and bought it. I love the car and feel sorry for those of you waiting.

RTWarrior 08-11-2006 10:41 PM

RE: Ordering? waiting?

I got everything I wanted and a lot more right off the lot to with my RT also.

04StratusR/T 08-11-2006 11:29 PM

Thank god I only have to wait for mine to arrive at the dealer now. I ordered May 1st and it JUST got built today. The only reason I ordered one was because back in May, nobody in my area had any Calibers on the lot. If they did happen to have one, it was a plain Caliber, or it was already sold.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to order a Caliber right now. Go to your local dealer and find one...you'll be pulling your hair out if you do order one. I'd say you won't get your Caliber until November if you order one right now.

mahal3680 08-13-2006 03:11 PM

Theres all kinds of Calibers here in MN, but I have yet to see a Caliber with ALL the options I have listed in my sig! I really don't get it. All I want is a fully loaded SXT, minus the leather package, thats it. I also will not settle for any other color other than sunbrst orange, and I've only seen one orange Caliber in the entire central MN, which is a good thing anyway... :) Ordering is the only choice for me to get what I want.

Tigerr 08-14-2006 05:04 PM

I'm with Mahal. It is not that we can't find any Calibers. It is that we can't find any to the specifications we want. I check the online inventory at least twice a week. It just seems like barely any dealers in Ontario ordered SXTs with the 5-Speed. And if they did, no Musicgate, no sunroof, or no Sport pkg. I just find it funny that dealers are ordering base SE models, considering it includes almost none of the features the Caliber was marketed for (Musicgate, Chill Zone, folding passenger seat, 110 volt outlet). I figure dealers ordered base models cause they would get them sooner than if they were loaded with options. IMO I'd say its easier to convince somebody that they need Musicgate versus loosing a sale because the car doesn't have it.

ejfb1029 08-16-2006 04:41 AM

Its not totally like that, dealers don't necessarily get to pick what they have on the lot, factory sometimes will just state that we have (X) vehicles, will you accept them, sometimes with a deal for the dealer, sometimes without, but if its a hot car, the dealer many times will take whatever they can get, then try to figure out how to sell the cars. A dealer in San Antonio accepted a whole bunch of Calibers, then found out they didn't have AC, which in South Texas is a must. Thats why dealers are always happy to order vehicles, especially HOT cars, sold orders many times, give them good vehicle options that the factory has to make for them, and many times people give up on waiting for their order.

damitch 08-17-2006 12:45 PM

It makes more sense if you're ordering for options. I suppose we were lucky to find the one we have. It's a black R/T with 18" chromes, auto, sunroof, musicgate system with 6-disk in dash, driver's convenience group and security package, cloth interior with inferno red inserts. I wish the seats had a power option, but love the extras like traction control and tire pressure monitor. The newness hasn't worn off yet because my wife won't let me drive it much.

04StratusR/T 08-17-2006 02:47 PM

Also remember that dealers are only allotted so many Calibers. Any standard vehicle with a manual transmission won't sell nearly as well as a vehicle with an automatic in it. So dealers are less likely to order very many Calibers with 5-speed manuals just because they may not sell as well as CVT Calibers even tho it is a hot car. If mom loves a Caliber but has no idea how to drive a manual transmission and thats all the dealer has, you can bet the farm mom isn't going to buy it.