Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

cabin fresh air door not working on 2000 grand caravan

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:48 AM
cama81z
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cabin fresh air door not working on 2000 grand caravan

Hello . I am having a problem with the MAX cool fresh air intake door for my 2000 grand caravan. the light comes on when the button is pressed but I do not hear door open or close & I have no idea which position it is in. Does anyone have a diagram ? I have a Haynes manual but there is no diagram for this . Could this be a fuse problem?
rgds
ed

Old 06-26-2007, 01:45 PM
next2pool
Professional
Default RE: cabin fresh air door not working on 2000 grand caravan

The door actuator is an electric motor with a link to the recirc door. It is under the dash below the glove box door. You can get under there and have someone push the recirc button and observe if the motor/link moves or put you hand down there and feel if it moves. You can move that by hand and when the blower noise increases or when you hear the airflow coming in under the dash area it will be in recirc mode. The actuator is held on by 3 screws (I think) and is easily replaced without removing anything. Best bet would be to get a replacement at a pick & pull (junk yard). Good luck!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:16 PM
cama81z

Thanks for the advice . It turns out the actuator was stuck& I just had to give it a nudge . It works puuuuurfect now .

thanks again

ed

Old 06-27-2007, 03:08 PM
next2pool
Professional

Good outcome Ed! I love it when things come together that easily! Those doors do stick once in a while.

Bob

Old 06-28-2007, 02:16 AM
skookill

Nice! I wish all problems were that easy to fix!

Old 07-23-2007, 12:36 AM
46FD04
Rookie

Last summer I had the same problem. When I checked the electric motor, the plastic lever attaching the actuator to the plastic door was broken.

I picked up a used one from a wrecked Caravan, was a pain to install but it worked great.

Last week, it happened again, the door wouldn't flip open or closed.

When I checked it, it was jsut stuck and needed a gentle nudge to start up again.

I suspect this is what happened last year, and caused the plastic lever to break.

Also, now that I've got my A/C running great using DuraCool (a Canada based product), my resistor block packed it in. My blower motor runs on HI only, so my van gets very cold, very quickly.

Off to the Dealer tomorrow to pickup a new resistor block.

GT

Quick Reply: cabin fresh air door not working on 2000 grand caravan