Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1995 dodge caravan ..no right front break?

Old 09-08-2010, 04:52 PM
caravanman1966
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 dodge caravan ..no right front break?

I just replaced both front rotors and calipers on my 1995 dodge caravan last month. i bled both breaks and had plenty of petal , breaks worked fine.

Today i was driving and the breaks went to the floor, so i checked fluid level,which was fine and decided to check and see if there might be some air it the system. When i went to bleed the right caliper there was no fluid , none !
Pumping the breaks or holding them down did nothing . I checked the drivers side and it would bled fine.

Im stumped as to what this could be ....blocked line , air, bad fluid ?

anyone have any ideas , and if so a solution?

thanks and great place ya have here

Old 09-08-2010, 06:47 PM
sapporo
Banned

my idea would involve some tools that you probably don't have. other than that, no clue here. probably have bad line, air or something else like that.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:34 PM
caravanman1966
Amateur

I just got finished removing the brake fluid from the master cylinder , it looked like iced tea, dark that is and the second time i changed it it was allot less dark to say the least.

So i bled the right rear first.....bled fine, left rear...nothing not a drop. The right front nothing same as the left rear. Left front bled fine clear fluid.

could this be the master cylinder...i really don't think it is , maybe the , and forgive the name here as i cant remember it , but the combination valve? Its right below the master cylinder where the brake lines connect to?

I'm going to give it a try in the morning . I'm thinking there's a blockage there somewhere.

This van sat and was just started for 2 years , and the caps on the master cylinder reservoir were dry rotted, or just rotted, so something could have been washed thru the thing.

thanks and feel free to jump in with any ideas

Old 09-08-2010, 10:16 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

There is also a combo valve on the left rear axle that goes to the body too.You could have a blockage in the system and yes you could also have bad master cylinder as well.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:28 PM
caravanman1966
Amateur

I'll be sure to check that too ...combo that is . if there is a blockage whats the best method to clear it?

I have had master cylinders go before , but this one ,if its gone is something different .

Well i guess the morning will tell , i just know there's gonna be one tool i need i don't have ....lol

thanks for all the help , gotta love this forum.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1995 dodge caravan ..no right front break?