Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2006 Caravan- Worst VehicleI ever owned

Old 11-06-2007, 04:10 PM
fastlightning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Caravan- Worst VehicleI ever owned

I have owned over 50 vehicles in my 40 years of driving. Never have I been into a shop for repairs more than this vehicle. Over 20 times in the first 14 months of ownership. Electrical, mechanical, you name it....

Last Dodge I ever buy...might be a lemon but choose to believe that just a poorly designed and put together vehicle. I purchased it due to Ford not making the Windstar, what a mistake. No wonder the big three are getting their lunch eaten by imports. How can so many different things break on a new vehicle?

My opinion......DO NOT BUY!

Thanks for reading my rant........

Old 11-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Sixtysixdeuce
Captain
Default RE: 2006 Caravan- Worst VehicleI ever owned

I purchased it due to Ford not making the Windstar
Yeah, they're much better......................

Minivans have been the most problematic vehicles for every manufacturer. The Venture, Quest, Odyssey and Sienna have more problems than their contemporary sedans and SUVs as well.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:04 AM
fastlightning

I agree with the Ford.....two peas in a pod....however, at least they were somewhat more accommodating to me when I had repair issues...Dodge service...why are you bothering us again!

I knew this vehicle was at the bottom of the feeding chain for Dodge, however, Not once did they offer a loaner for the 7 times I had to bring it in for the same problem. They finally did fix the problem, missing two bolts from the factory to hold the slider in place.....good work guys!!!

Electrical, four different issues, wheel bearings they still refuse to fix??? power doors locks, gone again. Power back window, still won't close properly, passenger seat drops back out of the blue, air bag light continually comes on for some reason, radio replaced twice, hatch leaks when it rains, still not fixed, rotors warped, front dash constantly squeeking, and that just about covers everything, whew

Old 11-07-2007, 03:19 PM
vlmuke
Professional

I have to agree the quality of the dodge minvan has gone down over the years our 94 was awsome it never gave any real problems just some minor repairs and we 180,000 miles on it our 98 had a few more problems mostly with the power windows we recently bought an 01 used and what a pos it looks nice but it has some serious electrical issues

Old 11-07-2007, 07:37 PM
JoeC1981
Professional

We've had nothing but good luck with our 05. 50kmi and its only been in once for a new multi-function assy. Now the body shop, thats another story.....

Old 11-10-2007, 09:43 AM
chopper
Veteran

When dealing with a possible lemon,document all visits to the dealer.
Keep every scrap of paper generated.
Be kind to the service advisor.He can be your best friend or your worst nightmare.
This isn't a jab at your mechanical abilities but,know what you're talking about before you start yelling.

You must remember,minivans weren't marketed to high income families.They were built for middle income families with children without lot's of disposable income.This means that the lowest bidder got the parts contract.
In other words,they ain't no Lincoln.

It looks to me like you would qualify forsome compensation under the lemon law statutes,IF you bought the van at a dealer.If not,you might consider unloading it.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:26 PM
greenmachine
All Star

I own an 05 and have not had a bit of trouble. It has more electrical stuff in it than I want to list. Has not been in the shop for anything but oil changes. I was dead set on not buying a mini van. Wanted to get the wife a quad cab Dodge but she cried so much about it I gave in. I am very pleased and have grown to like the thing.

Fastlightning the leaks sound like they are simple adjustment issues. Who is sitting in the seat when the light comes on? Anyone under 85 lbs the light shouldilluminate. Maybe that person is close to the cut offweight causing it to be hit or miss. I am over 200 lbs and if I sit just right I can get a light also. If that is not the case check the plugs under the seat mightnot be connected properly. Does it happen with thepassenger airbag turned off?The radio issue is probably not the radio itself. I had a similiar experience and I believe it was a pwr amp frying the radios. I will have to look back at the paperwork. I believe there was a recall or tb for a batch of bad rotors for some of the Dodge vehicles. Cant remember for sure.

Finally as far as the squeking dash. That is probably best dealt with by finding the cause and taking care of it youself.
You can check this if you want. I bet your van was made either on Monday or Friday. Never do that cause on Mon they dont want to be there and on Fri they want to go home.[>:]

Old 11-12-2007, 12:29 AM
lock0002

lmao windstar. i test drove one before i bought my caravan. Tranny slipped\leaking head gasket going just a pos. if i could of found one in my price range i would of gone with villager or quest. i just have a thing for nissans. and the ve30 is a good engine. but the caravan i bought i am pleased with so far.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:29 AM
lock0002

oh yea the windstar only had 55k on it

Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 AM
fastlightning

Update...March 30 and two trouble free months....Yea!!!!!

Damn, probably just jinxed myself....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Caravan- Worst VehicleI ever owned