Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: 1999 Caravan/Voyager 2.4L Timing Belt/Water Pump Tips & Tricks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 04:52 AM
ehbowen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Caravan/Voyager 2.4L Timing Belt/Water Pump Tips & Tricks?

The water pump on my 1999 Voyager is bad; at least, I assume that's the source of the coolant steadily dripping from above the crankshaft. In addition, I have no idea as to when the timing belt was last replaced, if ever. I'm planning on changing both out when I get my next paycheck.

I have the factory service manual and I should have help from a friend. I'm asking for real-world tips and tricks from those who have been there. Such as what specialty tools should I have on hand before beginning the job? What other wear parts should I plan on replacing at the same time (I understand that idlers and tensioners are prone to give out in this time frame)? Any tips to make the job go smoother?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: 1999 Caravan/Voyager 2.4L Timing Belt/Water Pump Tips & Tricks?